The Incubator Thread

Ok I went to town to get a humidity monitor its at 75% how can I lower it?
How did you get the monitor in it without opening it? Why do you want to lower it?
Do you have the vents open on the top? Opening them will lower the humidity as well as allowing one of the water troughs to go dry----probably the smaller would be better.

Last edited:
Hi guys thanks for all the feedback. Unfortunately only one egg that was left was already dead. After all the feed back I went to get a monitor for humidity also a new thermometer & my temp was way off this whole time! I'm starting over using all of the tips & help I got from y'all

Hi guys thanks for all the feedback. Unfortunately only one egg that was left was already dead. After all the feed back I went to get a monitor for humidity also a new thermometer & my temp was way off this whole time! I'm starting over using all of the tips & help I got from y'all
Hey, Good Luck on your new start-over. Keep in mind that new thermometers can be off too. What is the difference between the one you were using and the new one----take reading with them setting side by side for a hour or so?

Any advice for a staggered hatch in the same incubator?
All but 1 are infertile, and I'd like the potential chick to not be alone.
(Brinsea Mini Advance)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought two digital ones that read both too make sure they were both right & also some more stick ones I ran it for 12 hours while it held steady on temp & humidity

Any advice for a staggered hatch in the same incubator?
All but 1 are infertile, and I'd like the potential chick to not be alone.
(Brinsea Mini Advance)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My only advice would be to purchase a cheaper still air styrofoam incubator to use as a hatcher. I wasn't successful with a staggered hatch with only one incubator. Maybe someone else will jump in that has some better advice than mine. Wishing you the best of luck
1f60a.png

Ok guys I know this is off of the topic but I live in Cleveland Tx I was wondering if anyone has any bantam hens? TIA

Ok, this is a bit after the fact, but I want to learn. My 'bator batch is mostly done except for possibly a few.

Several of these chicks are having any/all various substances from inside the egg (blood, yoke, ?) dry on them. That would seem to me to be caused by low humidity, but it's running over 60% (62-68% w/out my help). Is that adequate or am I low? Or was there possibly other influences/factors?

Any input greatly appreciated--educate me please. TIA

Back
Top Bottom