The Infamous Pullet or Cockerel Question, Barred Rock Style!

ccheek

In the Brooder
Mar 31, 2015
Oklahoma
My daughter (7) wanted "Zebra Chickens" (she had RIR and SLW, but wanted to add Barred Rocks), so we just picked up some hatchery chicks from our feed store. They are five weeks old. I realize sometimes it's not as easy to sex the hatchery birds, but I just wanted to throw this one out there for those who want to take a guess.

This is the chick along side another one of that we picked up.

And here is all three of the Barred Rocks.... and one little Poland because she like the "hair"

First two photos - definite cockerel
Third photo - cockerel in back, pullet in front
Fourth photo - left to right - pullet, iffy pullet (can you get a head shot of this one?), cockerel

Fourth photo - left to right - pullet, iffy pullet (can you get a head shot of this one?), cockerel
I agree, but I am a little inexperienced (only a couple of years under my belt with chickens and only five weeks with the Barred Rocks, so I don't trust my opinion, lol), so we shall see. I think the iffy pullet is a pullet, but I can get a head shot of it and post it later this afternoon.

It's a couple of days late, but here's the pictures of the iffy pullet. I'm pretty sure she's a pullet, but again, I'm definitely not an expert by any means.

Back
Top Bottom