The joys of ordering chicks months in advance

wolfwalker

Songster
5 Years
Dec 21, 2018
Jewell County Kansas
McMurray sent tracking info on my chicks today. Ones that I ordered back in October.

And of course we will be experiencing weird weather with lows in the 20's for the next 3 mornings.

Last year we experienced 50 year weather. And mother nature is trying to trump last year it looks like.

The brooder has 6, 3 week old's in it that I was planning to move out tomorrow, but now, with this crazy weather, it looks like I am going to have to add a divider for a couple of days. We are forecasted to go back to our normal lows of mid 40's starting on Friday.

One can hope. The post office is aware and knowing the postmaster, she will inspect the chicks as soon as the driver brings them in to make sure they arrived alive. I of course, once I get notification they are leaving Tuscon will park outside the PO at 7. She said so will peak her head out looking for my car. LOL. she laid into the driver once for not keeping someone else's order in the cab with him, they arrived dead and she was livid with the driver

One can hope. The post office is aware and knowing the postmaster, she will inspect the chicks as soon as the driver brings them in to make sure they arrived alive. I of course, once I get notification they are leaving Tuscon will park outside the PO at 7. She said so will peak her head out looking for my car. LOL. she laid into the driver once for not keeping someone else's order in the cab with him, they arrived dead and she was livid with the driver

You're lucky in her caring and being like that. I have a pretty good mailman over here and he bring's my hatching egg's right to my door.

Back
Top Bottom