The joys of ordering chicks months in advance

Wolfwalker, where did you order your chicks from? YouI said Tucson? Arizona? Just curious because I'm brand new and want to get some chicks. I live in Arizona.

I've ordered from both Welp Hatchery and this shipment is coming from Murray McMurray hatchery. I have an order from Welp coming next week.

What breeds are you looking for? depending on what you want, I might have extras as I ordered enough to pick the best for my breeding groups.

I have Cream Legbars, Welsummers and Red Star coming in this week and French Black Copper Marans, Welsummers and Olive eggers coming in next week

I thought for sure this would be the theme of this thread:

I ordered almost 3 months in advance :D :D

Good luck with the crazy weather, it went from 70s and sunny on Sunday to ice/snow Monday and teens and more snow today. :D

Well, I have them settled now. I picked them up placed them in the brooder after adding one of the heat plates as the brooder dropped 10 degrees overnight. We hit a low fo 23 this morning, 20 degrees below what are normal is this time of year.

I ordered 26, I had called in about 3 weeks ago and asked to ad a Male Light Brahma to the order, they sent an extra light Brahma.

They also sent a mystery chick. Which makes me go GRRRR then Sigh. I had things I planned to do this week not spending countless hours looking at baby chick pics to try and figure out the extra they sent. LOL

28 chicks are now inside in my post hatch brooder, and there is not a lot of room for them to move around, but they were unhappy, and starting to pile due to being cold, so inside they came. It is only for a couple of nights as they forecast we will go back to our normal night time lows of mid forties by Friday.

Now pics

20200205_091547.jpg

and mystery chick

20200205_085345.jpg

Back
Top Bottom