The Kansas/Missouri Chat thread! Everyone Welcome.

I wonder if they still have all of those chickens? And what breeds they have. In the pic on FB I saw RiRs and Barred Rocks. I would expect the chickens to be gone by now.

I didn't get a chance to go back and look like I meant to... handing the foster dog over to his new family was a little more emotional for me than I expected, so... I ended up just leaving.

I doubt that all of the chickens are gone, but for $5 a piece, some started, it's a heck of a deal. I have been waffling on the idea of getting a couple more after reading the quarantine/integration threads. And while I believe I have built a coop and run that can easily accommodate up to 10, I am not certain it's a good idea for me at this time. Apparently they get chickens there fairly regularly. So, there's always that.

I'm in SW MO, Ozark to be exact. Can I join? And can I ask, has anyone found a source for organic feed or ingredients to make my own that is in SW Mo? It costs as much to ship as it does for the feed most of the time, so I've been to a Mennonite owned feed store. But I cannot find soy free except on the internet. I'm fighting an ovarian tumor so I don't want to risk the soy (phyto estrogen) from feed in my eggs.
Thanks! --Lisa

Hi there! I'm new here to the forum I am from Paola Kansas just wanted to introduce myself I currently own four call Ducks two white two greys

Back
Top Bottom