The khaki-Campbell duck Thread !!!!!!!!

That's what I'm hoping
celebrate.gif
Here is a picture of my adult ducks

The male Khaki Campbell is on the far right, the females are in the foreground. The crested grey is a female Blue Swedish and the other grey is the male Blue Swedish. The black duck is a Cayuga female. I also have 3 male Cayuga and 15 female Cayuga ducklings that are just over 4 weeks old. The male Khaki Campbell manifested his markings at about 5-6 weeks. In this picture they are about 16 weeks old.

Yes that does make it pretty clear for me then, that was luck more than judgement when I chose them at the market.

Thank you for posting your pics:) I'm loving be a duck mom and now I don't need to worry, thank you :D

They're beautiful ducks and by the looks of them that they're both duck/females but my drake which is now approx 3 1/2 months old now has a very distinct dark green head and has changed from being dark to really light with almost black feathers back around his tail but his quack isn't really a quack. It sound like he's got something in his throat stuck. Both of my females quack and the youngest of the two is only 11wks old and sh'e been quacking for quite some time now. I want more of them but gonna wait and see once the girls start laying eggs if I end up with any fertilized and can hatch them in an incubator maybe. Good luck with them and enjoy, they've been a real blast having them, who needs television when you have ducks. They're entertainment alone!
pop.gif

Here are pictures of my 4 KC ducklings. The trio in the front - 5 days old, and the one in the back is a week old today.

Blackie is the surrogate mama.

The eggs came from these two KC.

They're beautiful ducks and by the looks of them that they're both duck/females but my drake which is now approx 3 1/2 months old now has a very distinct dark green head and has changed from being dark to really light with almost black feathers back around his tail but his quack isn't really a quack. It sound like he's got something in his throat stuck. Both of my females quack and the youngest of the two is only 11wks old and sh'e been quacking for quite some time now. I want more of them but gonna wait and see once the girls start laying eggs if I end up with any fertilized and can hatch them in an incubator maybe. Good luck with them and enjoy, they've been a real blast having them, who needs television when you have ducks. They're entertainment alone! :pop

Thank you! Yes I am really enjoying them and I agree they are fantastic entertainment, they really make my day, I love 'em to bits :love

My four Khakis. The one in the middle on the top picture has a green bill instead of a brownish black one. I think it is a boy because the others have started quacking and he hasn't. So it looks like One drake and three ducks. Woo Hoo!!! They are finally starting to get more friendly and will come up to me at feeding time and to see if I have treats. Not sure if they ever are going to be more friendly than that but it's a start .

Better picture of my girl! About 15 weeks old now. OMG I didn't realize they were that old! How soon do Khakis start laying? I know my Pekin was right at 20 weeks but my Swedish was closer to 30 weeks...

According to everything I have read Khaki's start laying around 20 weeks but can lay as early as 17 and later than 20. So it is one of those "when there is an egg they have started laying" things. My Khaki's will be 20 weeks this Friday and there is no indication that they are even remotely interested in anything except grass and bugs, they love grasshopper so I wish I had about a thousand of them.

Back
Top Bottom