The khaki-Campbell duck Thread !!!!!!!!

Could someone please help my Campbell just recently went broody and is sitting on 13 eggs I want her to hatch them but I'm not sure what to do and since it's rare I can't exactly find that much online
One of mine went broody last spring also. Do you have an incubator just in case? I watched my girl like a hawk to make sure she stayed broody. She hatched out several of the eggs but left the rest during midhatch and never returned to the nest. I ended up having to put the last couple of eggs under a broody chicken that I had and she hatched out the remaining ducklings. If I didn't have a broody hen I would have thrown them in my hatcher instead. If you are going to let her hatch them out make sure that when they do hatch you have an area just for Momma and the babies. Do not let them free range until the ducklings are older.

I don't have a incubator but I've been trying to get one thank you for the help also I was wondering if She needed something close by to bathe in I kept reading that the eggs need to be humid so the mother bathes and goes back to sitting on the eggs

I don't have a incubator but I've been trying to get one thank you for the help also I was wondering if She needed something close by to bathe in I kept reading that the eggs need to be humid so the mother bathes and goes back to sitting on the eggs
If you can give her a tub or small pool close by then by all means do it, My Scovys will go up on the hill to bath which isn't that close to their house they brood in, but not my geese they will not leave the nest and walk up the hill. They do use the water they bathe in to keep the humidity up on their eggs.

I bought a cement mixing pan (black plastic)from Lowes for under $10. I kept that filled and it was near her to use. It's called a MacCourt All purpose tub.

Last edited:
I bought a cement mixing pan (black plastic)from Lowes for under $10. I kept that filled and it was near her to use. It's called a MacCourt All purpose tub.
Good buy mine was over 12.00 at TSC
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom