The khaki-Campbell duck Thread !!!!!!!!

I saw in a previous comment that you can tell gender by bill color. Can someone help me? Two males or two females?

They are both almost 10 weeks. They also don't quack like a male or female either.
They appear to be females. Khaki Campbells females have a much softer quack then other female ducks. They can quack quite loud but usually a soft chattery quack.

They appear to be females. Khaki Campbells females have a much softer quack then other female ducks. They can quack quite loud but usually a soft chattery quack.

Yes! They sound like they whisper quack, not froggy or raspy. When they were in the brooder and we would move them to the tub for a bath (and to clean the brooder) they would be super loud if separated, now are very quiet and loving life outside.

So I asked a couple days ago about leeches, and I guess no one noticed, but does anyone know if leeches in our pond will be a problem for our little girls once we let them go in the pond? I don't want them to get hurt, but I'd like them to have access to the pond when they free range.

So I asked a couple days ago about leeches, and I guess no one noticed, but does anyone know if leeches in our pond will be a problem for our little girls once we let them go in the pond?  I don't want them to get hurt, but I'd like them to have access to the pond when they free range.

I am new to ducks so don't quote me, but I think they would eat them like worms & fish.

So I asked a couple days ago about leeches, and I guess no one noticed, but does anyone know if leeches in our pond will be a problem for our little girls once we let them go in the pond? I don't want them to get hurt, but I'd like them to have access to the pond when they free range.
I was not sure so I did a little research and guess what I found..." Ducks are among the largest avian predators of leeches." So there should be no problem with them in the ducks pond. In fact, they might be short lived if you have enough ducks.

We recently got our first 6 ducks ever. We are just about finished with their coop, hoping that their first night of outdoor living will be tomorrow night. We are looking forward to this adventure!!! :)

We recently got our first 6 ducks ever. We are just about finished with their coop, hoping that their first night of outdoor living will be tomorrow night. We are looking forward to this adventure!!! :)
And an adventure it will be. I have a total of 20 ducks (Khakis, Blue Swedish and Cayugas) and they are truely the entertainment in my mixed flock of chickens ducks and geese. Have you determine their sexes yet?

And an adventure it will be. I have a total of 20 ducks  (Khakis, Blue Swedish and Cayugas) and they are truely the entertainment in my mixed flock of chickens ducks and geese. Have you determine their sexes yet?

no they were straight run, as i read on here it is pretty hard to determine gender so early without mollesting them (ventin) but i am not too worried about it because i am planning to keep them all and if blessed with drakes i will be in the market for some ducks... i love cayugas, as we live in northern NY i am looking for ducks that will not be affected by our long cold winters. Been trying to finish the coop/pen i will post some pictures later on during the day for some input... anyone knows of any breeders or farms in northern NY ? I hate to pay a fortune for a mass breeder online , would rather give my money to locat breeders...
one last thing i love this site and forums you guys are just full of information :)

they r 6 weeks old can you tell If they are a boy or girl?

Last edited:
they r 6 weeks old can you tell If they are a boy or girl?
six weeks is way too early for visual sexing. at around 10-15 weeks you may see some signs. The bill on the males will become lighter in color and they may begin to develop a drake feather which is a curled feather on their rear end. Also, the male's quack will become more raspy, almost like he has a sore throat. Often the male Khaki will also develop a much darker head than the female and may also develop very attractive adult feathering while the females will stay a khaki-tan color.

Back
Top Bottom