The khaki-Campbell duck Thread !!!!!!!!

I can't refill this pan of water fast enough for them.
That is pretty tiny , I forgot to add that the large kiddie pool was only 20$ , which I was very happy with , only draw back is we have to put in a drain . Went to Tractor Supply today to get the supplies...found out they didn't have ducklings any more :( I was looking forward to that trip for the live ducklings to tide me over for a week until my own arrive ! I cannot wait , but I'm so worried about my cats , which dart between your legs and out the garage door whenever they have a chance...I'm sure once they learn what's out on our enclosed back porch they'll want to check it out...their brooder lid will always be half on when possible as a precaution .

Last edited:
That is pretty tiny , I forgot to add that the large kiddie pool was only 20$ , which I was very happy with , only draw back is we have to put in a drain .
Went to Tractor Supply today to get the supplies...found out they didn't have ducklings any more
sad.png

I was looking forward to that trip for the live ducklings to tide me over for a week until my own arrive ! I cannot wait , but I'm so worried about my cats , which dart between your legs and out the garage door whenever they have a chance...I'm sure once they learn what's out on our enclosed back porch they'll want to check it out...their brooder lid will always be half on when possible as a precaution .

Bearing in mind I don't have running water here, limited inside space, and a rather cold climate.

As soon as my little fellas are big enough they'll have a house by the stream to deal with their water needs, for now it's the tote/tub inside and the chicken-tractor in the day. I still haven't come up with a plan for a permanent duck-house, some more browsing on here should come up with something affordable and practical.

Good luck keeping the cats off of your flock.

Last edited:
HI. My ducks go to our pond.We don't have leeches. My biggest problem is getting them out of the pond to go back to the pen. I watch them while they are in the pond in case of predators. They love it there, scavenging in the mud for bugs and tadpoles. When my ducks were about 6-7 weeks old, I guessed their sexes by the loud quacks. Loud quackers are famales. Males just have a low pitched hiss. Hope this helps.

HI. My ducks go to our pond.We don't have leeches. My biggest problem is getting them out of the pond to go back to the pen. I watch them while they are in the pond in case of predators. They love it there, scavenging in the mud for bugs and tadpoles. When my ducks were about 6-7 weeks old, I guessed their sexes by the loud quacks. Loud quackers are famales. Males just have a low pitched hiss. Hope this helps.

Well, if mine are too stupid to come in at night they're on their own. I'll do as best I can to shoot any varmints I see, but I certainly don't plan to stand guard every day over them and try to herd them in at night.

Back
Top Bottom