The khaki-Campbell duck Thread !!!!!!!!

This is Vier. She is female. However, sometimes, a female will develop a drake feather - she did not have one for years. Then we got a drake, then she developed a drake feather.

This is a drake with a drake feather.

Oh ok shoot i guess peek and boo r drakes
1f62d.png

I don't see a drake feather in this photo - can you get a pic of the entire tail, from the side? I know taking photo's of ducks is a real challenge!

Last edited:
Hope these help
I don't see a drake feather on either of them but you said they were 10 weeks right? Mine are 14 weeks and just got the feathers within the last week. I would pick them up and if they quack really loud like you would expect a duck to sound, I would say girls. If they sort of sound raspy like they can't quack...boys. It's so obvious when you hear them.

I don't see a drake feather on either of them but you said they were 10 weeks right? Mine are 14 weeks and just got the feathers within the last week. I would pick them up and if they quack really loud like you would expect a duck to sound, I would say girls. If they sort of sound raspy like they can't quack...boys. It's so obvious when you hear them.
ed34d86817aa4ebff2fe6d4a3bc873d8.jpg

Here's a google image of the curly feather that the boys get.

I can't get my Campbell's to go in the coop at night. I free range them, not in a big pen. They live in a chicken tractor by themselves at night, but I am having trouble getting them in the coop at night. Any suggestions?

I can't get my Campbell's to go in the coop at night. I free range them, not in a big pen. They live in a chicken tractor by themselves at night, but I am having trouble getting them in the coop at night. Any suggestions?
Mealworms.. I only give mine mealworms in the evening when they get inside their coop. Mine are free range as well, there is an occasional night that mealworms dont work to get them in either, those nights they sleep in our pond.

Back
Top Bottom