The khaki-Campbell duck Thread !!!!!!!!

Pics
Here are some photos of my Khakis enjoying the sunshine yesterday and frolicking with the rainbow trout. I have one rainbow in my pond and he sometimes chases the ducks!

Your pond is so clear!!! How big is it? Did you have it put it, or was it already there? I would love to have a pond like yours!

Your pond is so clear!!! How big is it? Did you have it put it, or was it already there? I would love to have a pond like yours!

It is a small pond, perhaps 40 feet in diameter, where I had my spring overflow dammed up, hence its clarity. And because it is spring-fed it never freezes in the winter. I feel very, very fortunate to have such a water supply for my ducks. I only wish everyone could.

It is a small pond, perhaps 40 feet in diameter, where I had my spring overflow dammed up, hence its clarity.  And because it is spring-fed it never freezes in the winter.  I feel very, very fortunate to have such a water supply for my ducks.  I only wish everyone could.

I started to do the same with mine today. We have this little stream that runs down the side of our yard from the mountain. I had it going into a kiddie pool for the ducks but today I decided to dig a pool. Got the shape of it dug out, just needs to be dug out a little deeper. I probably should try doing it without water in it! Lol

I started to do the same with mine today. We have this little stream that runs down the side of our yard from the mountain. I had it going into a kiddie pool for the ducks but today I decided to dig a pool. Got the shape of it dug out, just needs to be dug out a little deeper. I probably should try doing it without water in it! Lol

It works much better if you divert the water, preferably about a month before you dig.

It works much better if you divert the water, preferably about a month before you dig.

That's what I'll so tomorrow, it's all mud over there regardless of whether or not the water is flowing thru, but diverting elsewhere while I dig would be easier. It would just be nice to have constant flowing clear water over there for them. And like yours, ours flows right thru winter as well. Never freezes.

That's what I'll so tomorrow, it's all mud over there regardless of whether or not the water is flowing thru, but diverting elsewhere while I dig would be easier. It would just be nice to have constant flowing clear water over there for them. And like yours, ours flows right thru winter as well. Never freezes.

You and your ducks will both be very happy. Good luck with the digging!

Back
Top Bottom