The khaki-Campbell duck Thread !!!!!!!!

Pics
Duckman i had the hardest tome sexing my ten khakis i eventually just ended up waiting until the quacks xame at about 6 weeks and even after that i thought i jad one.more girl then i actually did. At 11 weeks the green started coming in on the boys heads. There is no coloring or markings that differentiate the boys from the girls at that young. You have to wait for a quack.

All of you seem to get on really well with youre ducky friends, i had mm very 1st 2 ducks 4 weeks ago, they are now 8weeks old and are still really shy and seem really scared, the place i got them from (sunnyside farm) said they were both white campbell tuffed ducklings, i've tried googing this breed but cant seem to find it anywhere, i was just wondering if any of you have any advise as to how i can get my ducks to want to be near me even if its just to walk past me would be a great help, thank you :)

these are my beauties if anybody could help with the breed thank u xx

these are my beauties if anybody could help with the breed thank u xx
Pretty ducks. Not sure on the breed but getting them to "like" you is easy. Peas.
Offer them as treats. You'll probably have to throw them on the ground at first. Once they decide they like them you'll eventually be able to get them to eat out of your hand. And the next thing you know they'll be following you around.

I've never had ducks that are okay with being picked up. I still have to chase them down. But they're not terrified of us anymore.

So, being new to ducks, though having kept hens for about 6 years, I've a question re the sex of my two K-Cs. I'm pretty sure of the answer, but would appreciate backup as the chap who sold them to me isn't sure I'm right - of course, I could be wrong - that's where you come in!!!

thanks very much in advance
Jane

So, being new to ducks, though having kept hens for about 6 years, I've a question re the sex of my two K-Cs. I'm pretty sure of the answer, but would appreciate backup as the chap who sold them to me isn't sure I'm right - of course, I could be wrong - that's where you come in!!!

thanks very much in advance
Jane

100% Khaki Campbell drake!
Keeping two boys should be fun. Just a note - if you have chickens you may want to keep them separated. Drakes are aggressive with their mating.

Thanks very much. As I thought, and I can't keep them as I have no means of keeping them separate and safe away from the hens. They are very sweet, so it's a shame after many weeks of feeding and caring for them.

Back
Top Bottom