The khaki-Campbell duck Thread !!!!!!!!

Pics
Maybe your local vet can cheaply give them some antibiotics. Ducks are very easy to care for, you made a good choice and sounds like your doing things right, sometimes things just happen. I hope whomever sold them to you diidn't realize they may have been sick. Maybe they will help pay to treat them. I wish you the best, when they get better you will love them.
love.gif

Thanks for the advice. There is no doubt that in the short time we have had these little buggers we have already grown to love them. We just want them to get better! We are calling the vet and will see what our best plan of action is.

Well an update on the ducklings. We took all 3 of them to the vet and we were right it is a sinus infection. So all 3 of them are on an antibiotic called sulfatrim 2x a day for 3 weeks. Glad we took them in. The vet does believe we got them from the breeder this way. Makes me feel a little better knowing it wasn't anything we were doing wrong. I just want them all to get better and be happy healthy members of the family!

Well an update on the ducklings. We took all 3 of them to the vet and we were right it is a sinus infection. So all 3 of them are on an antibiotic called sulfatrim 2x a day for 3 weeks. Glad we took them in. The vet does believe we got them from the breeder this way. Makes me feel a little better knowing it wasn't anything we were doing wrong. I just want them all to get better and be happy healthy members of the family!
Well glad you know for sure now and can at least relax knowing their being treated. They will be happy and healthy in no time.

Any help on gender?
taking a second look at the picture I am changing my guess to being a female. Reason? I took a look at my Khaki Campbell ducks (and all my other breeds) and the males all have grey/green bills while the females have brown and black bills for the Khaki's and various other colors (like black for the Cayuga's) on the females. not very scientific i admit but based on my flock you have a female.

Back
Top Bottom