The khaki-Campbell duck Thread !!!!!!!!

Pics
This has come up several times on this thread I'm sure but I'll post it again:

~~Here are the adult bill and bean colors:
Dark Khaki Campbell Drakes has a bluish green bill and black bean.
Light Khaki Campbell Drakes has a yellow bill and a medium brown bean.
Dark Khaki Campbell Hens has a slate gray bill and bean.
Light Khaki Campbell Hens has a slate gray bill and carmel colored bean.

This definitely came in handy for me when I was trying to sex my KCs at a younger age before they started quacking.

@hollytheduckfarmer,
Oh prob has stopped progressing.
i saw improvement in a day, next day, that same day. just slow, and not so much better with leg issues especially on those that had worst.

i put a cat litter pan now under my rectangular icecream container, that my waterer sat on, to stop water from getting everywere in brooder, but u have to fill rest of litter pan with bedding so ducklings won't drink and play in or track out.

Last edited:
When do Khaki Campbell ducklings begin to show the signs that determine if they are ducks or drakes. I have 7 KCs that are almost 6 weeks old. None of them have darker heads, orange feet or curled tails, or black beans. They make a lot of chatter. Is is possible they could all be female? Are there any clues at 6 weeks that they are either drakes or ducks?

Thank you to all taking time to help me out on my KC breed adventure! they are so different from my scovy ducks, that hard to believe, even though one breed of mallard, and one breed of tree duck. one has real loud voice now like squeaky toy, others still sound sorta like whoopie cushions to me, one or two getting orange legs, and one or two getting lighter bills. Two have thin legs and small feet, rest huge thick legs and feet. Confusing!

i live on small pond, sprimgs, streams, creeks, and a river.. should iworry about my KCs swimming or floating away?

Last edited:
My girl started laying around 20 weeks of age and has given me an egg almost every day since. Living in FL, with the milder weather makes for great egg production.
Is Florida classed as tropical?

Perth has a Mediterranean climate similar to California, we get a couple of frosts a year but honestly i have more concern about heat stroke than hypothermia!

How old is your KC? We are picking up some girls this Sunday who are 3 months old which i guess will give them a month or two to settle in and then omelette time.

Reading Storey tonight they recommend nest boxes be 1 ft square and 1 ft deep, but that is a general guide for all ducks, considering KCs are defined as a Lightweigh is 1 ft square still appropriate?

The cubby house in my Avatar will be transformed this weekend into Duck House version 1.0

The slide will stay although she who must be obeyed has instructed it must be fenced off, personally i think the ducks might like a water slide?

Anyway going to mouse proof all the openings and put a side door in to access the nest boxes from outside. Will take photos and post (assuming things go to plan).

Reading Storey tonight they recommend nest boxes be 1 ft square and 1 ft deep, but that is a general guide for all ducks, considering KCs are defined as a Lightweigh is 1 ft square still appropriate?

The cubby house in my Avatar will be transformed this weekend into Duck House version 1.0

The slide will stay although she who must be obeyed has instructed it must be fenced off, personally i think the ducks might like a water slide?

Anyway going to mouse proof all the openings and put a side door in to access the nest boxes from outside. Will take photos and post (assuming things go to plan).
Look forward to seeing pics when finished, personally I think if you put a swimming pool down below the slide the ducks would have a blast coming out every morning..
wink.png
welcome-byc.gif

Here's our trio, getting bigger by the day! The smallest one is more skidish than the rest, but we are working on that. I am just so in love with these cuties!

Back
Top Bottom