The khaki-Campbell duck Thread !!!!!!!!

When do I put my ducklings outside? and when can I let them eat what the adults eat?

I am not sure what the weather is like there, but mine have been outside since they were two weeks old, I did have a light available for them that they didn't use. I had a fence separating them from the three adults for a week. After about a week, I realized that the adults were sleeping on one side of the fence and the babies the other, I took the fence down. But our weather has been very nice here.

My CK is just a sweetie, thinks she's a chicken!

Well life with my new and only duck has been nothing but fun. Stella is the sweetest girl following me everywhere talking away. She loves her chicken flock sisters and they her. I have gotten her the small kids pools which she loves but want her to be able to swim as she would in the wild. I ventured and made her a pond. I dug a 5' by 5' wide and 19 inch deep hole. I bought a used pool liner from a college student cause it was the end of season for slip and slide:) and he needed the money. I put 2 inches of sand in the bottom and it is lined with a plastic land scape sheet. I put a pond filter in to clean the water and I bought a used spa vacuum to get her muck off the bottom and an old pool skimmer for the floating grud. I just finished yesterday and have the pond baited with spinach leaves which she has spied. Now I wait for her maiden swim.

Well life with my new and only duck has been nothing but fun. Stella is the sweetest girl following me everywhere talking away. She loves her chicken flock sisters and they her. I have gotten her the small kids pools which she loves but want her to be able to swim as she would in the wild. I ventured and made her a pond. I dug a 5' by 5' wide and 19 inch deep hole. I bought a used pool liner from a college student cause it was the end of season for slip and slide:) and he needed the money. I put 2 inches of sand in the bottom and it is lined with a plastic land scape sheet. I put a pond filter in to clean the water and I bought a used spa vacuum to get her muck off the bottom and an old pool skimmer for the floating grud. I just finished yesterday and have the pond baited with spinach leaves which she has spied. Now I wait for her maiden swim.
looks GREAT!!

There. Is something wrong with my KC 911 help she won't move and is panting breathing heavy and her legs are back!! Yesterday it was hot out and she was acting funny so I put her in the cold tub and she seemed to be fine!
Today I found her in the cage face down!!

Back
Top Bottom