The khaki-Campbell duck Thread !!!!!!!!

Sounds nice and mild - here it's starting to freeze at night....but days are still fairly mild...
I am glad I live in the south then. It is supposed to be in the 20s on Thursday, which makes me worry more about my injured girl. She is about the same today -fine in the water but can't stand when out. She crawls on her elbows to get around. I think my young drake caused the injury because I saw him "practicing" on my other young girl, out of the water, today. The injured duck has always been his favorite. The three are only 15 weeks old. She will recover, won't she? This is her in the pool today.

Hi all, I was thinking of getting some khaki Campbell's in the spring, but I know nothing about them, can some of you help me out? Are they a good breed? Friendly? (I don't want them for meat, just pets)

My Khaki Campbells are a little more wary than my pekins were, but, boy, they're outlaying all my chickens now, even the production birds. So if you want duck eggs, I would highly recommend them.

My Khaki Campbells are a little more wary than my pekins were, but, boy, they're outlaying all my chickens now, even the production birds. So if you want duck eggs, I would highly recommend them.
Yep, mine have no light on them and they still give me lots of eggs, 4 a day from 4 ducks! By comparison, 15 chickens, 6 eggs
th.gif

Slackers...
They are awesome ducks

Last night my injured girl could barely crawl. This morning she was back to her old self walking around. She is moving even better this afternoon but I will continue to keep her away from the boys for a while. Thanks for the help and advice.

Back
Top Bottom