the ladies lately

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by cameroneil, Dec 30, 2011.

1. cameroneil

cameroneil Out Of The Brooder

Apr 19, 2011
  2. allmychickens

allmychickens Just'a small town girl

Aug 4, 2011
    Washington
    Sorry but Tumblr Definately won't be laying eggs soon... in face "She" will never lay eggs! Tumblr is 100 percent rooster! [​IMG] No eggs from "her"... just alot of noise, beauty, and companionship! Anddddd some chicks in the future [​IMG]

3. allmychickens

Aug 4, 2011
    Washington
    * in fact

4. cameroneil

cameroneil Out Of The Brooder

Apr 19, 2011
    oh my GOODNESS. Tumblr's a rooster! So funny, that didn't even occur to me as a possibility, but that would explain a lot of things. Like, um, her crowing. I just thought that was an overenthused cluck, but I wasn't facing reality I think.

thank you for the reality check! I am now a more informed chicken haver! Will he get even bigger? He's 6 months old now, and his crow sounds...well, a bit inexperienced. But I hope he doesn't get much louder.....

if he has chicks with my current green-egg easter egger, is it a good possibility that they will lay blue or green eggs? I got 'her' as she was billed as an ameraucana at the farm store...I really want blue eggs! :)

anyway, thanks so much for the info.......thank goodness I am on this forum!

5. allmychickens

Aug 4, 2011
    Washington
    Tumblr will get probobly bigger... my RIR rooster is 8 months and still growing. If he was crossed with a EE the chicks will lay blue,green,pink, or tinted eggs. because they would be EE's. Tumblr is also not an americauna he is an easter egger! And A very pretty one as well!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

The blue egg gene is dominant so alot of his chicks (no matter what their mother is) should lay blue or green eggs!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

I sure hope roosters are allowed where you are because if he just started crowing... trust me... it will get alot louder and clearer... [​IMG]

6. austineight

austineight Out Of The Brooder

Jan 8, 2012
    Charleston, MO
    Oh Haha. I see now. Very nice. What kind is Twitter? She is beautiful.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by