The Legbar Thread!

Gosh, i stayed at me hens for a while tonight to see were everyone sleeps because i don't lock them in and i never realised what a hard time Melow is getting at the minute, everyone was in the shed apart from one hen who likes to go in the trees anyways, i heard a scream so went in found melow on the floor, she jamp back up so i shut the door again, heard a scream went back she had been pecked off again, i then stopped and watched, she jamp in the middle of two hens which both closed in and grabbed her comb, she screamed and jamp back on the floor and her comb was cut so i thaught enough is enough, and i picked her up and put her on the very top perch squeezed in between the top hen and the cockerel (she gets along with the top hen) and she settled down and fell asleep, the 2 hens didn't look happy to see her up there because all the hens love getting on the top perch!!

Johnn

I had so many squables about the top roost that I pulled out my three tier ladder and put in a single roost all the way around the interior at the same level. Now the only fight is who sits where in relation to the roo. They all love him.

Last edited:
Johnn I had so many squables about the top roost that I pulled out my three tier ladder and put in a single roost all the way around the interior at the same level. Now the only fight is who sits where in relation to the roo. They all love him.
Haha, myne have 1 hight roost then two the same leval, there is also another shed, my orpington takes her two chicks in there to sleep :)

Cute chick. The lighter head with the barring reminds me a tiny bit of the one in GaryDean's avatar....he is also a very cute guy--I wonder how he is/had grown out color-wise.

Here is Larry at 1 week old. He is the light one onthe right.

At 4 1/2 weeks old we was quite the looker.

Here is a photo of him 10 weeks old.

The adult plumage on the lighter downed cockerels has been a little more washed than the color on the dark down cockerels. The reds are sharper on the dark down. I have seen no other differences in the audult plumage between the light and the dark down Legbars.

Last edited:
Here is Larry at 1 week old. He is the light one onthe right.

At 4 1/2 weeks old we was quite the looker.

Here is a photo of him 10 weeks old.

The adult plumage on the lighter downed cockerels has been a little more washed than the color on the dark down cockerels. The reds are sharper on the dark down. I have seen no other differences in the audult plumage between the light and the dark down Legbars.
Oh Gary,

He's quite a looker at 10 weeks too. I think you have a very unique fellow.

Oh No! There is something wrong with my rooster Norbert. He doesn't seem to able to lift his head. I noticed yesterday that he was moving slowly so I caught him today and was trying to check his crop when I felt his neck. He wasn't moving as I held him and just closed his eyes. We are so upset.

Back
Top Bottom