The Legbar Thread!

I thought I would post some photos of my two Cream Legbar chicks. I won a dozen eggs from Greenfire Farms earlier this spring when I entered a photo contest. They shipped 18 eggs, several different breeds. These are the Cream Legbars that I had hatch. I was so lucky to get a male and female. Later I purchased some Cream Legbar eggs from Ebay and they did not hatch. I since have purchased more from a different seller on Backyard chickens. They should hatch any day now. I just LOVE these chicks!!!!

I just wanted to share my excitement!

soldier---

they are outstanding pictures! Very nice chicks. Are you a member of the Cream Legbar Club? if yes---then you HAVE to enter these in the chick photo contest. There is also a photo contest with the USDA for chicks. Both will end June 30th. Thanks for posting the photos!

So are you saying that they are not legbar?.
After deliberation the buff egg is from the Plymouth. These are white and blue laying hens. I have been in touch with the breeder who only breeds legbar so im now confused if you're saying theyre not.

to be honest i'm a total noob with chicken keeping, i was told these were supposed to be good ones but either way i don't mind :) happy with them though they seem very inquisitive.. to a point i decided to take some more pics, please excuse the larson trap in the background but here's a few pics i just snapped :)

Storm, you might want to consider putting hardware cloth on the lower (bottom 2-3 feet) of your run, chicken wire does not keep out some predators such as grabby raccoon paws.

Your hens are lovely, they do have a lot of chestnut color in the chest, but are definitely still legbars.

Thanks muttsfan. Luckily in the uk we dont have raccoons but we do have the dratted Foxes. These are only temporary set ups whilst we build a stronger large run for them

Back
Top Bottom