The Legbar Thread!

Ok, thanks, they do have quirky personalities, they roost at the top of a wooden ladder instead of going inside of the coop with the big girls. They are in a safe place so I just let them be. How old before they start laying? Thanks for all the info!

Typical age is said to be roughly 24weeks.

WOW---

People in the Cream Legbar Club----

Time is flying past. nominations for the open officer positions are actually about to close. closing for nominations is September 30th. You can nominate yourself, or anyone that you feel is capable and qualified - they must be a full member of the Club to be on the Board of Directors though.

jump over to the Cream Legbar Club website - the web address is in my signature below - and check out '15e' elections - for more information.

PM me with any questions that you may have....I will be happy to answer. Also - don't forget that the 'contact us' on the Website is always there for you to put in your thoughts, ideas, suggestions and questions. -- Tomorrow is the First day of Autumn - this year is zooming past. Don't delay.

This is really neat to me--- Maybe you can appreciate it too....

The man who verifies counts for the state seller's license was out here today - and he was extremely impressed with the Legbars-- (thought that the little Isbar hens were no slouches either!)--- Just the sheer beauty of the Legbars though was something to remark about.

So I asked if I could pass the word along - and he said sure -- Tell them that the state man thinks the Legbars are beautiful!

Isn't that nice to get a complement like that about our breed.
:O)

Last edited:

The man who verifies counts for the state seller's license was out here today - and he was extremely impressed with the Legbars-- (thought that the little Isbar hens were no slouches either!)--- Just the sheer beauty of the Legbars though was something to remark about.

So I asked if I could pass the word along - and he said sure -- Tell them that the state man thinks the Legbars are beautiful!

That is very nice!

I find my Legbar cockerels to be the most attractive males on our property (not including DH
wink.png
lol) and my 3 daughters say the Legbar hens are SOOOOOO beautiful! They think they are the prettiest ones we have.

DH will disagree though he has eyes for our one and only Silver Laced Cochin hen, she is quite stunning.

That is very nice!

I find my Legbar cockerels to be the most attractive males on our property (not including DH
wink.png
lol) and my 3 daughters say the Legbar hens are SOOOOOO beautiful! They think they are the prettiest ones we have.

DH will disagree though he has eyes for our one and only Silver Laced Cochin hen, she is quite stunning.
We had a coop tour in Chicago over the weekend and the visitors to my coop more impressed by my Legbar cockerel than the gorgeous Brahma pullets I have.

BTW Is the rooster in your Avatar one of yours? Do you still have him? Its a nice picture of him.
Thank you so much -- it is my 'original' and I still have him. If you see any pictures in the threads of 'Ice' that's him. Have been reading up a lot of the sun's effect on the feathers - and in his old age...he is getting 'white hair' - (well his crest is getting white) - and the effect of the sun is showing up on his hackles - he is also molting now - and looks a bit pathetic...straggly tail feathers and all --
My original hen is getting 'white hair' too - her crest is showing more white barring than when she was a sweet young thing.....

I will get a pict of him when he is pretty again. :O)

Back
Top Bottom