The Legbar Thread!

I meant to post this a while back. A friend did a drawing of a pair of my legbars. This is kind of what I envision as my ideal for type (with a more obvious crest).
Wow! very nice drawing. It seems like (on the hen's side) you envision a brown leghorn body with a big crest and short straight comb. Would it be worth the trouble to create you own Legbars from scratch, I am pretty sure you will do a very good job of that.

Wow! very nice drawing. It seems like (on the hen's side) you envision a brown leghorn body with a big crest and short straight comb. Would it be worth the trouble to create you own Legbars from scratch, I am pretty sure you will do a very good job of that.

Not sure I understand the question. My autosexing EEs are my version of legbars that I made before GFF imported the real deal. The only thing I dislike about the birds in the picture is the chest, I am selecting for a round, deep chest. The birds he used as models were young, about 5-6 months old. They have both filled in much nicer now. The females comb is now lopped like a leghorn. I just like the longer back and a tail that is more spread

Not sure I understand the question. My autosexing EEs are my version of legbars that I made before GFF imported the real deal. The only thing I dislike about the birds in the picture is the chest, I am selecting for a round, deep chest. The birds he used as models were young, about 5-6 months old. They have both filled in much nicer now. The females comb is now lopped like a leghorn. I just like the longer back and a tail that is more spread
Oh, I did not know that you already did. Do you still have them? and curious why you are not marketing them as a competition to Legbars?

How do they compare with real Cream Legbars? Maybe their genes could be incorporated into some of the Cream Legbar lines to add a little genetic diversity. Do they lay blue or green eggs? Are they crested and have the cream gene?

Oh, I did not know that you already did. Do you still have them? and curious why you are not marketing them as a competition to Legbars?

How do they compare with real Cream Legbars? Maybe their genes could be incorporated into some of the Cream Legbar lines to add a little genetic diversity. Do they lay blue or green eggs? Are they crested and have the cream gene?

I have the original hen and a daughter from her bred to a legbar. Both are BIG dual purpose type birds with yellow legs, pea comb, and beard/muff. Original is silver based and lays big greenish eggs and daughter has a crest, is legbar color, and lays good blue eggs. I bred both back to legbar and plan to keep a cockerel from original hen and breed to pullets from daughter along with more EE hens. The goal for that line is a dual purpose farm bird. As of right now the original hen has barred & partridge rock, easter egger, and rhode island red in her lineage. I have some other birds I plan to breed into that project too. The males will be decent fryers.
I will not be breeding them into my legbar line because there is no need to. I have bred leghorns into my legbars twice for genetic diversity. I wouls never breed any other breeds in and pass them as legbars because leghorns were the foundation breed.

There are photos of my EE project on the hybrid thread if you're interested.

Back
Top Bottom