The Life of Louie the Rooster ~a story

Quote:
Thanks!!
big_smile.png

Chapter 10

The man sets out some food every morning, near the edge of the woods. Sometimes it's a tomato, or grapes, or on the really cold days warm oatmeal. He sits, watching us. Never goes towards us. He always has a little half-smile on his face. I sense that he is a benevloent sort of creature, one who wishes us well on our journey. Each day he sets the food a bit closer to his chair. I don't mind walking up to him. One day, I notice that he has neglected to leave food out. The I see him, he has it in clutched in his hand. Warily I walk towards him. When I pluck a grape off and run away, he does nothing. Deciding it must be OK, I move forward and eat the grapes with Annie and Martha. He bursts into a grin.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The old man strokes us. I do not mind, especially since he has opened his shed for us and bought some real food. Until the day he grabs me.

I squack and struggle, but his grip is firm. He puts me inside his large car, which I think is called a truck, and strides back towards the others. Soon they join me. We sit in silence, puzzled.
Where am I going now?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As it turns out, I am going to a chicken breeder's home. There are more kinds of birds here than I have ever seen. I'm set on a table and poked for a couple minutes.
"Ahh, yes," a voice says. I'm carried to a small pen. There is only one other occupant. Another white crested blue Polish, a hen.
"Who are you?" she says crabbily. I pause akwardly, taken aback by her rudeness. Then, "Sorry, I've just had so many rude roosters."
"It's fine. I'm Louie."
"Louie?" she gasps. And engulfs me in a giant hug.

I'm so, so confused.

Back
Top Bottom