The Life of Louie the Rooster ~a story

You're getting more, whether you want it or not.
tongue.png

Chapter 6

I say goodbye to each of the hens in turn. I know that they will have a happy life here, but we will miss eachother. Finally I get to Pumpkin. "Let me come with you," she pleads.
"I can't," I say. "I don't know where I'm going, and you'll be happy here." She sighs, and backs away.
"Don't let her give up on life," I whisper to Rosie, "She needs to be happy. She can't let this ruin her life."
"I promise," Rosie whispres back, and straightens my feathers. "You're ready now."

I'm lifted into a box, and set in a small chamber. It moves, I remember them calling this a "car." I set off towards my new life yet again. "Goodbye," I whisper. My sweet hens didn't deserve this. I thought only of them, how devastated they were. And then we arrived.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I knew immediatley that this was not the lush green place I had come from. It was muddy, mucky, and run-down looking. A large brown animal lazily ate hay in the only clean corner of the feild. A few dirty, bare-backed hens waded through the mess. I felt disgusted. I'm glad Pumpkin did not come with me, she would not have lasted. This was no place for a dainty little bantam. The girl let me out. "I'll visit," she murmured, and got back in the car. They drove away. Now what?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I waddle through the muck to the barn. The hens look up with glazed eyes. No greeting. I peer into the dim building, until with a massive crow I am tackled from behind, Claws like the talons of a hawk dig into my wings. I submit.
"Who are you?" The voice is sharp with agression.
"L-l-louie," I stutter.
"L-l-louie, ha? What are you doing here?" He sneers.
"T-the g-girl dropped me o-o-off." I sound like an idiot.
"Stay away from my hens," the huge rooster growls, spearing me with his spurs a couple more times before kicking me away.

Whoa, I didn't know that a chicken would do that. A black hen scurries over.
"Don't cross Spike, he'll beat you to death." She scurries away. Even the the hens live in fear here? This is a bad place. I creep outside. Another rooster, a bantam, struts by.
"Stay away from the chicks," he barks menacingly.

Geez, is everyone mean in this place? I think of Pumpkin and the others. How I wish I was still safe at home.

Last edited:
(Warning: I am NOT going to write like this every day!0

Chapter 7

I sneak peeks at the chicks every so often. Once one spotted me and chirped in delight, "Look at the pretty rooster! I wanna be like him, momma!" I was chased off by three or so roosters, and got a good flogging for it too. Great, the only ones who like me are not allowed to even see me. I spend my days wandering.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

The chicks' mother has started letting them out. She doesn't chase me off if she knows no one's looking, and if I find a worm or two for her babies. She even started up a conversation once or twice in the far corner of the pasture. We became the closest thing to friends that could exist in that place.

Until the hawk.

Quote:
You've never given me 7 in a day....

I gave you five once!

Besides, (no offence...) your chapters are shorter!
Please?
big_smile.png

I take no offense, they are shorter.... I'm going to clean the coop, maybe when I'm done.

Back
Top Bottom