The Lone Silkie Rescue

kmac720

Songster
11 Years
Jan 21, 2012
We have a lone silkie that was raised by a teen for a project and out grew her home. She was raised in the girls closet and then transferred to the garage once she became older/ too much to handle. We thought we could integrate her into our silkie coop but she doesn’t seem to understand she is a chicken so she has a kennel that was turned into her space on our porch. This chicken is definitely a diva! She follows my kids around and will peck until you pick her up So she can be held. I’m looking for ideas on a small coop for her as I feel like the kennel is not a long term solution. Also open to any integrating ideas so that she can be a part of a flock.

Look for a rabbit hutch as a coop for her for now and then if it doesn’t fit in your regular outdoor coop a zip up, pop up, flower tent from Amazon is a great idea to keep her safe from your flock while everyone gets used to each of other when it’s time to integrate. Several weeks to a month works best at my house. Good luck with your little diva 💕

Attachments

• IMG_4226.jpeg
    IMG_4226.jpeg
    859 KB · Views: 10

Back
Top Bottom