The Meaning of Love...

pameladru

Songster
5 Years
Dec 22, 2014
Bend, Oregon
I'm new to BYC and recently posted some pics of our place. Last summer I hatched my third successful hatching but had something very unusual happen. I came home to find one chick, obviously dry for some time, but stuck in the shell. Here's a pic of him...
Pam's phoe downloaded May 2018 653.jpg

I carefully removed the shell around him and all seemed well, but as he got older, I realized he is nearly completely blind. He can apparently make out shadows from one eye, the other one is completely blind. We bring him in every night that is cold and he lives a good life, but I'm wondering if anyone has had this happen and would know the cause. Thank you!

I've got no experience but just want you to know You are so lovely to continue caring for him. I can't imagine what it's little world must be like without being able to see. Thank you for being a beautifully caring human. :hugs

Thank you! He's just the sweetest guy you can imagine and since he sees at least shadows from one eye, he sort of gets around. We all love and care for him..named him 'Rocky' to give him support! He's a Maran, by the way.

Back
Top Bottom