The Middle Tennessee Thread

I have a buff silkie pair that need a new home. The girl is laying and the boy is happily trying to make more silkies.
tongue.png

SimplySplendidSilkies has blue and black silkies and showgirls. Silkietime and Emmalynn have white and splash (I think Emmalynn said she had blue as well).

I have blue/black/splash ameraucanas. I think Holly has wheaten ameraucanas. 1newegg is working on lavender ameraucanas.
smile.png

Somebody in this group has marans. Emmalynn has welsummers.

A TON of us have easter eggers. You can pretty much take your pick there.

How shall we enable you? You can have your pick.
lol.png

Love the black, how old are they? what do you charge for them? Well i would need a pullet friend for him the dh is willing to add!! muhahahahaha chicken math
wee.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
That is so tru Holly! Sometimes we poultry enthusiast get carried away with all the new breeds but our customer base is still thinking of the old standard breeds. If you want to have the birds pay their way sometimes we have to take a step in the backward direction! But its always fun relearning some of the old breeds. Thats why their reputaions have lasted so long!

Morning to all.

CityGirl- enjoyed our meet up immensely. Love the new boy and girl. The kids have dubbed the freezer camp boys the "Yum Yums". Sounds like some English band or where we are plotting to take over The Wiggles. LOL

1newegg- love the pictures. Sent a PM. Hopefully we can finish fixing my too many hens and pullets problem.

CityGirl and I were talking about too many roos. How about a meet up for processing? I am part of the Hispanic connection so I can find buyers as well. If you don't want to process but want to eat your own home grown roos, we can work out a trade of processing labor for other things or we process so many of your birds and then get one for us. Think about it and let's discuss. It is horribly hot and flies are bad right now so this may need to be something we do in Sept or so. That will give enough time for every one to fattening up their boys.

Talking about meet-ups....let's start planning the next one. Suggestions???

Lori I will try and get you some pics this week.
I just wanted to tell everyone I just won Rilly's auction for B/B/S Showgirl eggs. Yay! No way I thought I would get them at such a good deal. I swear after this all 3 incubators are going into storage. You all have to help me out here because I have not turned them off in at least a year.

It's real hard to pull the plug..I pulled all 6 so I could go to IN...thank goodness for broodies working overtime during that
love.gif
But it didn't last long-I have one almost back to temp for eggs later today..my broodies have so many they are covering an entire pen floor and only 4 hens so I'm going to help them out a little...and my broody Wyandotte does a very bad job so she's loosing hers so I can have some chicks...gosh may need to fire up at least 2
big_smile.png

I like the roo idea but right now I don't have a spare to eat other than Drumstick and he's campaigning to stick around and make more like him.He's not only big but he's all chunky meat
pop.gif

I do have blue wheaten Ameraucana's but sold the laying age hens to replace them with some new..will be next year before we are selling any chicks now..they take forever to start laying.
The only thing I may be offering rest of this year will be BLRW and Bantam Cochin's.

Quote:
Congrats on the auction. I looked at it and saw you were bidding.

Pull the plug...please woman....you know we will never enable to pull the plug

Back
Top Bottom