The Middle Tennessee Thread

I forgot the important info, didn't I? :) I'm in Nashville, on the east side. It's 100 feet of 36" wide, 1/2" hardware cloth.

So my chicks spent 2 nights in the coop, no run just the coop. I let them out the past 2 afternoons into the run. Last night I had to help them into the coop. Tonight everyone went in on their own. Am I super lucky, really smart birds or just a fluke ?

Free 6 week old Golden Laced Wyandotte pullet. She may become a 'special needs' chicken in the future, since she has a cross bill. She has no trouble eating, but could need to have her beak trimmed (Dremel tool?) occasionally. Urban Nashville 26O-747O

Last edited:
I'm about to have to add another Roo to my flock I really only care about egg color in my next generation. There are now 12 hens and one Blue Copper rooster, plus the 4 unknowns from Anne (appreciate your volunteering to ID pics but that wouldn't tell me the indicators I need to look for to tell myself) plus 3 pullets I hatched from Becky's stock I bought. I think I might want a welsumer rooster if anyone has one PM me and tell me what I would have to pay for it. It does not need to be show quality

Thank you TinTennessee for your kind offer but I should have written that I was looking for the dark color that would be past to the following generation. I've not seen any eggs from bared rocks are they deep brown? Spencer is about as far East as you can get in middle TN. Where is Springfield near?

Thank you TinTennessee for your kind offer but I should have written that I was looking for the dark color that would be past to the following generation. I've not seen any eggs from bared rocks are they deep brown? Spencer is about as far East as you can get in middle TN. Where is Springfield near?
It is east of Nashville. They don't lay dark eggs. I don't know of anyone on here that has Wellies.... maybe Lori.... IDK.... Why do you not want to use a Marans Roo? Sounds like mostly what you have, right?

Back
Top Bottom