The Middle Tennessee Thread

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by CityGirlintheCountry, Jan 15, 2011.

1. Brown Chicka Brown Cow

Brown Chicka Brown Cow Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Thanks and sorry it took soooo long but here are the pics I promised...I'm in love with her breeders too...sooo pretty...Keep in mind that these fellows will do a lot more filling out and get more black in there hackle and saddle feathers. They are big boys and only 14-15 weeks old. The bigger of the 2 is like a puppy and will follow you around especially if you have treats [​IMG]..He's actually my favorite but I have an older one to go with my one pullet and just don't need the extra boys as I only have one definate pullet...lol...I did hatch some more chicks from some eggs I traded for but they are only 2 weeks old and I can't tell yet. Sorry for the panting...it was hot today and I turned the fan on for them and gave them ice in there water but they were still hot.

2. DMRippy

DMRippy Pallet Queen Premium Member

May 18, 2011
    Nashville

3. CityGirlintheCountry

CityGirlintheCountry Green Eggs and Hamlet

Jul 7, 2007
    Middle TN
    I think Wayne is doing blue silkies. I can ask him what he's got available if you like. His tend to be at the higher end of cost, but they are gorgeous!

4. DMRippy

May 18, 2011
    Nashville

5. EconMan

EconMan Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2010
    Murfreesboro, TN
    Oh, I saw a few Blue AM pullets and a couple Roos. Couple nice black pullets too. I tried for one of the Blues. I gave him a Blue Marans hen I had for one of his Buckeyes. He's been after her for a while. He's a lot of fun. We took a ride up the road from his house to pick up a Delaware hen for a buddy of mine and I brought home a Columbian Wyandotte too. Go figure! Wayne could tell I liked it soon as we walked up. He asked me if I knew what it was. Of course I did and then had to have it.

I'm just casually looking at a new blue egg layer. I have light brown, brown, dark brown and green layers right now. I have an olive egger but she's only 8 weeks old.

6. DMRippy

May 18, 2011
    Nashville

7. EconMan

Jul 14, 2010
    Murfreesboro, TN
    I'll try to take a pic in the morning. She's not perfect or show quality by any means but really pretty. Not sure if she was dirty or had some leakage. Her hackle and tail seem to be decent.

8. Brown Chicka Brown Cow

Brown Chicka Brown Cow Chillin' With My Peeps

They were singin alright...lol...the blues...hehe...oh I'm soooo cheesy...

9. CityGirlintheCountry

CityGirlintheCountry Green Eggs and Hamlet

Jul 7, 2007
    Middle TN
    I've got another blue pullet out there from the same hatch that he got his from. I also have a few babies running around out there. There are four little blues, but I don't know gender on that lot yet. Happy to send one to your house if you like. :)

10. EconMan

Jul 14, 2010
    Murfreesboro, TN
    I may take you up on the offer. I'm going to be home all day Thursday so ill give you a call Wednesday and see if we can coordinate.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by