The Middle Tennessee Thread

I might just go. I forgot about it. What days and times?
It's August 13 - 21...looks like the Poultry Show is the 18th...looking at the schedule, I didn't see a specific time. Entries are accepted on Thursday (the 16th) from noon to 8:00PM...I'm thinking Friday might be the day to go to oggle the birdies...hehehe...

Keep in mind, it is not like a real chicken show. The chickens are not the same caliber as a real show. You will see EE for example, but you will not see them at a real chicken show.

Just wanted to let y'all know I am selling my young BLRWs I hatched from some shipped eggs. They are straight run, I pulled 2 roos and gave them away. I think there are 6, 3 splash and I think 3 blue, one may be black not sure. PM me if interested.... I don't think they should be used for breeding and selling, but might be fun for a backyarder looking for something pretty. Their color is too light in the red, 1 has a straight comb. I think they are about the quality of hatchery birds.

Matlock the hatch cam is way cool if i'm not watching mine hatch i'm watching yours. I noticed to that your hatch date is at 10 pm that is the exact time I set mine too ! I have had 13 pop out thus far and things have kinda slowed down now. I can see where this could become habit forming its been a blast

OH... Mattlock.... or anyone for that matter.... I had someone ask for Cochins..... anybody have them, chicks, pullets, hatching eggs???? Anything????

Quote: I have a pic so you can see....

These are ALL roos except the black one she is a pullet

I thought I had another pic.... The pullets from that hatch were just DARKER but the same colors. The black one was just an odd ball. She didn't even have a spot. She did color in cuckoo with gold hackles. In a few weeks I am going to sell her with a GCM Roo as a pair near POL. That was one thing I liked about the Goldens, you could sex them at hatch, EASY.

Becky, when I get the Blue Cuckoos sold, I am going to put that Blue or Splash young roo in with my ONLY Cuckoo pullet/hen, the one I got from you. If he is splash I will only get BLUES
love.gif
and they should be based on the silver genes and not gold
fl.gif
He is turning out really nice
droolin.gif
can't wait to see what kinda babies they throw. I will also be able to get some SOLID pullets from that cross too
wink.png
(he just has one copy of the barring and she can only pass that on to the roos SOOOO 25% should be solid pullets
clap.gif
) that gives me something else to work with
lau.gif
Like I need another project pen
roll.png

Do you need me to keep that Exchequer roo? If we have a good hatch I am going to put my WL up for me some more WL.... I think I only got 2-3 pullets out of all those eggs I hatched.
hmm.png
You can always give me another Exchequer roo if you want more.
cool.png
Trying to thin down for winter and HIGHER FEED.
he.gif

Matlock the hatch cam is way cool if i'm not watching mine hatch i'm watching yours. I noticed to that your hatch date is at 10 pm that is the exact time I set mine too ! I have had 13 pop out thus far and things have kinda slowed down now. I can see where this could become habit forming its been a blast

LOL... Ain't it funny how chicken people just find a way of finding each other!
Mine are hatching out just great and I'm pretty happy. I guess I finally ( on my seventh ) hatch got everything dialed in. I am more than happy with my home made bator, and I've hatched several, several chicks from it. I'm fairly envious of your high capacity bator you made, and all at the same time happy with mine that I made that can hatch a couple dozen pretty easily. Where I hurt at is housing for all the different breeds I want to hatch. I think I might go with a central house and separate the runs for the banties I've been hatching, but as far as standards go, I'm gonna stick with my RIR and Possibly these Swedish Flower Hens I'm hatching now.
I so enjoy the hatch cam myself while I'm at work since I'm behind a computer anyway, and my kids have gained popularity by showing them off in their classes at school as well. I've broadcast hatches from that same web address for my last 4 times, and I've got over 2500 views on it. It's been great each time. And I love that my 10 and 8 year olds can go to school and explain the whole process that happens when a chick forms in the egg and hatches.
I want to get a hatchery started here in mid tn that is legit and ships egg/chicks to at least the 48 touching states, and more obviously, serves the locals. If you ever find yourself feeling the same way and want a business manager, please keep me in mind...I already tried Donna and got refused for understandable reasons.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom