The Middle Tennessee Thread

These are Food Grade.... I feel better with them.  We actually had  SEVERAL show up after the flood, but most are filled with oil or grease.  Hubby said I could have them, but I don't really think I want to use them for chickens..... just creeps me out a little too much. 
I understand that. Ours were pressure washed out, then Filled with dirt for a few weeks, then dumped and pressure washed out again. It took out all residue, and we let them "cure" for awhile after. But that was for dogs, probably less sensitive thank chickens :)

Try Poultry House. They're in Franklin Tn, but he might could meet you somewhere closer when he is making a large delivery to someone else. You might have to drive 40-60 miles to pick them up, but he has What you are looking for.
Phone 615-574-1250 or email [email protected]. He can email you a flyer of different breeds he carries.
He sells locally on Saturdays. I showed up last Saturday morning to get some chicks and was the only one who hadn't pre-ordered. He was super-nice. I got ten different breeds from him.
Good luck and Welcome to Tennessee!
Thank you so much!

Hi. I just moved to Savannah, TN from Denver 2 weeks ago. Was happy to find a thread for middle TN. I have been looking for some ameraucana chicks locally, I'd prefer not to have to ship from a hatchery. Could anyone point me towards someone with chicks, possibly close to us here in Savannah :) 

Brittany 

Welcome to Savannah! We are just down the road from you in Crump. We haven't found anyone with Ameraucanas around here - the closest is in Nashville or north MS. Finding good quality birds in this area is tough.

The Poultry House sells Easter eggers. They are nice looking birds and mine have all laid blue or green eggs. They will even take care to select a variety of colors. They have a Facebook page where you can get updates about what they are selling and email is answered promptly. If you're just after pretty eggs, I'd go there before ordering by mail or going to a feed store. Donna has lavender Ameraucanas, though she's a haul for you.

Last edited:
I have PURE ameraucana. I have Lav/Split and Wheaten/Blue Wheaten. I am taking orders for the wheatens but might have some Lavs and Splits depending on how many you want.

I do sometimes.... NEVER the dark egg layers.... Must keep them for egg color improvement. I am going to do some serious culling in my breeding pen in the next few months. They will be laying.

When I get some time I will sort through my pens.... I need to make more Barrel Pens so I can put ALL the pullets in one barrel and KNOW who is laying what color eggs. BUT chicken money is tight right now but soon I can go get more barrels.

I have Barrels and Tie Cords on LSN They may or may not work for you

Hey Tennessee peeps! Just wanted to share a chicken coop giveaway with you. Hudson Family Farms based out of GA (and near both TN and AL) is giving away a free chicken coop. I've already shared this with my GA and AL people and just thought I'd share it with ya'll too. It might be worth the "like" on Facebook.

Hi. I just moved to Savannah, TN from Denver 2 weeks ago. Was happy to find a thread for middle TN. I have been looking for some ameraucana chicks locally, I'd prefer not to have to ship from a hatchery. Could anyone point me towards someone with chicks, possibly close to us here in Savannah :)

Brittany
Hi! I have Bantam BBS Ameraucana PURE. I don't have any chicks or pullets at the moment, but I can sell you eggs if interested. I will be setting some eggs for chicks soon.

Brittany
Welcome to TN! My folks retired to Savannah about 8 years ago - they love it there (transplants from West Texas). I'll check to see if the folks have heard of anyone with ameraucanas...I know some folks near Nashville, but not from that neck-of-the-woods... Oh, and if no one in Savannah has told you, AG&N b/t Crump and Adamsville is a great feed store (my folks used to get so aggravated at the Co-op in Savannah).

Welcome to TN! My folks retired to Savannah about 8 years ago - they love it there (transplants from West Texas). I'll check to see if the folks have heard of anyone with ameraucanas...I know some folks near Nashville, but not from that neck-of-the-woods... Oh, and if no one in Savannah has told you, AG&N b/t Crump and Adamsville is a great feed store (my folks used to get so aggravated at the Co-op in Savannah).
Agree with AG&N. Much cheaper than the Co-op.

Back
Top Bottom