The Middle Tennessee Thread

Hi Raine My lil' piggie i doing so good I just love her to death! I am getting her a buddy today so she is not so lonely! Nice batch of chicks.

I haven't posted lately so -- hellow & welcome to all the new people :)

Also, here are some pictures of chicks , these are CL & SFH hatched from eggs from CarolJ (on this thread)
her eggs were 100% fertile and these pis. were taken when they fluffed after hatching, they are 2 wks old tomorrow
and all are doing great, growing their feathers and getting big and strong - THANKS CarolJ for such great hatching eggs!

& to everyone on the thread HAPPY FIRST DAY OF SPRING!

Poor thing did you really just get one pullet that hatch? I had the same kinda luck. 4 roos and 2 pullets... so I feel your pain.

Hi! Would anyone be interested in a free silkie? She was sold to us as a hen, but "she" is hopping on the other hens' backs and crowing. PM me if interested. Light grey silkie about 5 months old. Would love to keep him/her and have fuzzy chicks, but we are in the city and that crowing is gonna get us in trouble!
Please don't tell me if you are going to eat it-I can't lie to my kids!!
Thanks,
Tennyson

Poor thing did you really just get one pullet that hatch? I had the same kinda luck. 4 roos and 2 pullets... so I feel your pain.
Actually I got 2 CL pullets, & 6 cockerals from 9 eggs. I've read alot of ppl on here saying the CL tend to be mostly males in their hatches to the point I wonder if the breed was selected for that to make it a dual purpose (blue egg laying females, extra males for dinner?). Maybe someone who knows more about the breed would know, or if there is a CL thread they could start keeping track from BYC hatches to verify, would be interesting to know.

Anyway, YES, I do have 2 extra CL Cockeral chicks, now 2 wks old if anyone is interested pm me.

I would guess over white egg layer hens at least 50% of the daughters would lay blue (? anyone know if that is correct?) ...

I will say I have been more impressed than I expected w/ the CL so far, in contrast to the SFH they hatched larger and are staying larger, growing feathers faster etc which was the opposite of what I would have guessed. And the eggs the CL came from where really beautiful, exactly the same size/shape/color can't wait to have my pullets start laying such pretty eggs :)

Hey, ya'll!
I hatched this guy out from Sundance silkie's eggs (I think). I only do buffs, so I can't use him. He's just lovely though. Do any of you need a black silkie cockerel before he goes off to camp Kenmore?

I also have buff silkies available. They are finally old enough to tell gender!

Got some of my chicks yesterday I had been waiting on to hatch
yesss.gif
Just waiting to see what the other 50+ eggs do haha
th.gif
here are some pics of the little buggers

Last edited:
Is there a special place for posting on here to find new homes for chicks? I have 2 week old 3BBA -4 SLW and 3 BO in standard chicks and 12 one week old assorted Bantams. I love these babies more than pouring tears can explain but things unforeseen may force my hand to find them new homes. If anyone knows where I should look please let me know. I maybe able to keep then but they may have to go and I will know for sure by next week. Thanks

Everyone PLEASE say a prayer for my Dad. He found out today he broke his neck (has no idea when or how) and they Dr. don't know why he is not already paralyzed. The Dr is going out of town for the weekend and so they did NOTHING for him. Next week we will know what is going to happen. Surgery is going to be needed and it is so close to the nerve they don't know what will happen and if he will be paralyzed after surgery.

So if you don't hear from me you will kinda know what is going on.

No change in my barred rock. I've had her separated.from the other 2 hens for a week now. She's able to see them but no contact. She still won't but any weight on her left leg. She stays pretty much in one spot. She's still laying sporadically, every other day or so. She doesn't seem to be in any pain, no reaction when I touch her leg in any way. Any advice ?

Hey, ya'll!
I hatched this guy out from Sundance silkie's eggs (I think). I only do buffs, so I can't use him. He's just lovely though. Do any of you need a black silkie cockerel before he goes off to camp Kenmore?

I also have buff silkies available. They are finally old enough to tell gender!

wish i lived closer, i would take him in a heartbeat!

Back
Top Bottom