The Middle Tennessee Thread

Wife89. I would put the Marian roo over whatever hens you have. That way the dark egg gene gets passed on. If you just want mixed breeds it will be good to hav them laying those dark eggs that everyone goes crazy over! I agree some of the prettiest cooks I've seen have been crosses. But then again there are a few pure breeds that allow you to have that wonderful variety,Icelandics,ee, are just a couple. With them you can have all the color in the world and still be a purebred breeder. Just say in! Lol
Thanks!! I picked up 10 EE pullets at TSC....my people love the blue eggs, shoot they just love opening the carton to see what fun colors they are getting!!!. I'll use the Maran...maybe throw an EE in there with them.

Quote:
Olive Eggers, Marans over blue egg laying EE will make Olive Eggers. They are a cross that can sell... I can't sell them this year
roll.png
but had several people ask for chicks and not respond when I have them. People do want them and they make pretty eggs in the egg cartons too.

Does anyone know where I can find free or cheap pallets? I live near Jackson, TN but I don't mind traveling a little :)

I have a TOLBUNT pipped
ya.gif
there are 3 in lockdown and they were all wiggly when I put them in
fl.gif
I have 5Black Eng Orps in there too
fl.gif

Lori 2 of the cracked eggs look to be developing ok. I waxed them just in case. I tossed about 7 clears. I will update you when they hatch... next week I think... set them on the 5th.

Hardinpoultry.... I need your secret code on the silkies they are due next week too. FINALLY I will have some silkies... well more than 1 or 2 at a time anyway. Guess I need to learn about them now.... SOP reading I guess.

Poultry Swap Meet
Saturday, May 4th 7am-2pm
6531 Lascassas Pike Lascassas, TN 37085

615-273-2133

post from Nashville Craigslist... thought i would pass it along
That is the same weekend as the Exotic Auction. I have never had much luck at swaps or flea markets.... wish they were closer to me.

Back
Top Bottom