The Middle Tennessee Thread

I'm glad to hear they're doing well, I bet they've changed a lot!

Ooooh, fun stuff. You're going to have a ton going on! My only big plan for next spring is try to breed mottled into my Sizzles. Which, considering I'll have to use a Cochin to get that color, is going to set me back some on my progress. But, I want what I want
tongue.png

Frizzled showgirls would be interesting (in a creepy sort of way, sorry, most people think they're SO cute but they give me the heebie jeebies
hide.gif
).
Don't tell but I don't like showgirls..... necked chickens are not my thing. My hubby said something about if I have to feed them they at least should be cute and showgirls are NOT cute. But they were free so we will work with what we have.

Had a great time at the APA Nationals in Knoxville. One of my RC RIR pullets went BV and I got to meet a ton of great poultry people. It was almost enough to convince me to get a third breed - almost, but not quite. LOL

The ball has officially begun rolling on establishing the Rhodebars into the Standard. The standards committee is extremely helpful, we are well on our way. The breed club has been formed (RBCA), the first draft of a standard has been drafted, documentation for showing has begun. The new web page will be up and running by the first of the year. There will be no dues this first year to avoid excess tax filings, handling of funds, and to encourage interest in the breed. Yeah! Anyone interested in helping this development of the Rhodebar breed by showing and documenting please let me know as we do have minimum numbers to meet, so the more the merrier.

Hey friends just wanted to say hi. First time posting here in the whole time I've been on BYC. I go to MTSU and I love chickens. Just wanted to talk to some other Tennesseans on this site.

Last edited:
Good! Your little ones are doing very well too!

JLynnp got some Orps from me. I still have LOTS and LOTS of Orps. Most are Jubilee Crosses and are just visually black. I have a few Blue Jubilee cross Cockerels too. They are leaking red.

I took home a Porcelain Cockerel (I had a pullet) and 2 Showgirls (they were no part of the plan but when someone says FREE I took them LOL) The white one is a hen and the black one is a cock. Glad it was not the other way around. LOL. I don't have ANY white pullets/hens and 3 cocks/cockerels.

Next spring I should have pens of

Buff
Partridge
Black
Blues
Paints
Porcelains
Whites

Showgirls in Blacks and whites and Frizzle black and partridge maybe.

Can't wait to see the Frizzle Blacks….I want a pullet !!

Hey friends just wanted to say hi. First time posting here in the whole time I've been on BYC. I go to MTSU and I love chickens. Just wanted to talk to some other Tennesseans on this site.
Hello there, just a few miles east of MTSU. We've been keeping chickens 3 years this Spring. I'm about addicted to this site, especially gender/breed questions....lol.

Hello there, just a few miles east of MTSU.  We've been keeping chickens 3 years this Spring.  I'm about addicted to this site, especially gender/breed questions....lol.

I see we both get to enjoy Murfreesboro I live there as well. Traffic in this town has gone crazy over the last few years :barnie

Don't tell but I don't like showgirls..... necked chickens are not my thing.  My hubby said something about if I have to feed them they at least should be cute and showgirls are NOT cute.   But they were free so we will work with what we have.

You know I will take them both off your hands no problem!! Might even trade you one of my MF leghorn pullets!

Back
Top Bottom