The Middle Tennessee Thread

Not real bloody no. :-/ There was dark red mixed in with her pooh, and having no idea what else it could be just thought we would try something rather than nothing. Our bird that died just had extremely watery pooh. No other symptoms. It's all so confusing.

I'll look over our other gal and see if is having any discharge with her symptoms yet. If not it could be CRD like you suggested. She sounds AWEFUL.

Thanks so much for your help!

You should have your girl that died necropsied so you can be 100% on what you have.

I am in need of some pullets of some sort.. May even take a rooster with them, just depends on what it is.

Interested in almost any brown egg layers or green/blue egg layers

Would be more interested in Blue laced red wyandotte but would consider any color, brahmas, giants (black or blue) , marans, welsummers, or?..

I won't rule anything out.. Want them to be either laying or close to laying..

Any help would be appreciated..

Located in Middle Tennessee Close to chattanooga, manchester, monteagle but willing to travel..

Thanks for any help.

I have a few barnyard mix pullets available (buff orp mixed wirh EE). I have no idea what color they will lay as that blue egg gene is now kind of a wild card. They are pretty cute though. :)
I also have a few buff orp girls left. All were hatched this summer. PM me if interested. I'm in Murfreesboro.
I have an assortment of roosters that are free to a good home (EEs, orps, mixes). They will be going off to rooster canp soon though.

I have a Rhode island roo that may need a good home. I am trying to rehabilitate him. He is about 6 Months old. And is beautiful hand raised. He lets every one pet him. Except for me. For some reason I am his target. Everyone thinks it is because I collect the eggs. But I also do all the watering and feeding. I would like ideas on make him stop attacking me or to find him a new home. Or he may become chicken soup this winter. I'm in pleasant view.

This morning around 10:30, when I did my morning chicken chores, my only barred rock was off. Picked her up she has a extremely poopy butt, washed off and applied udder balm, skin seems fine. She's kinda standing around lost, noticed her crop wasn't full like normal after being out all day-this was at roosting time check last night, when I noticed her poopy butt this morning, I washed her and she had a Very dark green stool-looked black. any thoughts?
I did have a shellless egg about 2 weeks ago, not sure from which chicken.

Last edited:
This morning around 10:30, when I did my morning chicken chores, my only barred rock was off. Picked her up she has a extremely poopy butt, washed off and applied udder balm, skin seems fine. She's kinda standing around lost, noticed her crop wasn't full like normal after being out all day-this was at roosting time check last night, when I noticed her poopy butt this morning, I washed her and she had a Very dark green stool-looked black. any thoughts?
I did have a shellless egg about 2 weeks ago, not sure from which chicken.
Green poop is not good.... I am not 100% but that usually means it is something that has gotten to their liver, but other than that I can't help you. I know when I see green poop they need meds ASAP and most don't make it. If you have some antibiotics I would start those and some vitamins. Good luck....

Hey folks! I know y'all are going to think I'm off my rocker, but I've got some chickens to get rid of. 2 of them are Rhode Island Red roosters that are about 28 wks old. They are not mean yet or anything, I just don't need them. I will also be having several hens that are not laying anymore that need to go. I have 40 chickens and I'm only getting 15 eggs per day! I cannot bear to kill and eat my girls that I've raised up and I wouldn't even know how to do it anyway, so besides eating them, what do y'all do with older hens and roos?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom