The Middle Tennessee Thread

Hi again. I posted a little while ago to track down Golden Gaits Farm and everyone was wonderful. So, I am back with another question and hoping it is as easily answered by the people here. I am located in Manchester and interested in raising chickens ago. In response, my guys gifted me with a few babies for mother's day. It was wonderful, but I still need--okay, want, Cochin and Orpington hens. From hatch to proven brooders, I don't care! Any suggestions as to who has these near me?
If you haven't tried him there's a guy in beechGrove just off the exit about a mile his names fred I've got a few birds from him he sells them young to laying believe me I have a heck of a time trying to find what I want n from someone good too I just got some birds today from a man in Tullahoma selling cheap he doesn't know what kind he has but I got a Delaware and turken from him I wanna say he had buffs but really I wasnt paying no mind to those I do believe he had white giants Barnevelder astralorp 1 barred rock more turkens red star maybe I'm not certain he got them from mcmurray in the brown egg layer box I can give you either number if ur interested I have tried getting ahold of the people from golden gaits also but haven't had luck

If you haven't tried him there's a guy in beechGrove just off the exit about a mile his names fred I've got a few birds from him he sells them young to laying believe me I have a heck of a time trying to find what I want n from someone good too I just got some birds today from a man in Tullahoma selling cheap he doesn't know what kind he has but I got a Delaware and turken from him I wanna say he had buffs but really I wasnt paying no mind to those I do believe he had white giants Barnevelder astralorp 1 barred rock more turkens red star maybe I'm not certain he got them from mcmurray in the brown egg layer box I can give you either number if ur interested I have tried getting ahold of the people from golden gaits also but haven't had luck

Golden Gaits is @msmeower have you messaged them?

O I figured it out lol great thanks for that I spent my chicken allowance (so my husband says) for this week so I'll have to wait till this coming Friday but am definitely interested in seeing about a maran and probably some other breeds I buy at least 1 chicken or more usually 3 a week lol

ChickenLittle3...I would appreciate the contact info for both, if you do not mind! Golden Gaits answered quickly when I contacted them. I think you just had an unlucky day. I would definitely try again! Thank you.

ChickenLittle3...I would appreciate the contact info for both, if you do not mind! Golden Gaits answered quickly when I contacted them. I think you just had an unlucky day. I would definitely try again! Thank you.

hes in Tullahoma n has the hens they aren't laying yet but they're about to
fred he's the one in beechGrove he has different ages

Edited By Staff

Last edited by a moderator:
I was at Rural King in Clarksville yesterday. Surprised to see Lakenvelders. Unfortunately dear husband was along and asked silly questions like why do I think I need them. Left without any chicks. But I thought I'd pass it along because it is not an easy breed to find. .

When you went, did they still have bantams? I went a few weeks ago ,and wanted them so badly, but my coop wasn't ready then lol.

Meganjhett: re Rural King. I do think they have the best selection in Clarksville but I haven't been since early last week and I'm sure the inventory has changed. They often do have bantams. They usually get new chicks in on Wednesday and sometimes Friday but they tell me that isn't always the case and sometimes they get a surprise shipment employees weren't expecting that day or chicks show up on Thursday not Wednesday. I find later half of the week usually has better selection than first half.

Meganjhett: re Rural King. I do think they have the best selection in Clarksville but I haven't been since early last week and I'm sure the inventory has changed. They often do have bantams. They usually get new chicks in on Wednesday and sometimes Friday but they tell me that isn't always the case and sometimes they get a surprise shipment employees weren't expecting that day or chicks show up on Thursday not Wednesday. I find later half of the week usually has better selection than first half.
Great! Thanks for the information!

Back
Top Bottom