The Middle Tennessee Thread

Thanks!

Must be the puns that he sees on FB all the time, then... I'll have to break it to him that I can't come up with them, just appreciate them;)

The latest listing he messaged me (in Paris) led me to spend a bit of time looking at places in Henry county--and then I actually looked at the map later, and that's outside my search area:rolleyes:

So, ag zoned, gotcha:thumbsup How do I find the zoning, if it's not on the listing (usually not)?

What counties are you looking in?

Btw, that house wasn't located in Paris, it was actually in Lynnville, lol...

What counties are you looking in?

Btw, that house wasn't located in Paris, it was actually in Lynnville, lol...

I really should actually write down the county names from the map Tom got this summer, instead of trying to remember each time I look:oops: (In other words, I only remember a few actual names--Maury, Montgomery, Cheatam, Sumner...) So I'll see if I can find that house by looking in Lynnville, instead:gig(Hey, my middle name's Lynn! Coincidence...?;))

Last edited:
I really should actually write down the county names from the map Tom got this summer, instead of trying to remember each time I look:oops: (In other words, I only remember a few actual names--Maury, Montgomery, Cheatam, Sumner...) So I'll see if I can find that house by looking in Lynnville, instead:gig(Hey, my middle names Lynn! Coincidence...?;))

Maury county is our county, lol... and Lynnville is 20 mins from us... it might be in Giles though...

Write your list of counties, then put "zoning map of x county, TN" in your google search and it will give you zoning maps...

The Farmers Market here is quite small too and the paperwork I think is required by the state. Not required to have Ins but it is suggested. Where are you? There is a good size one in Donelson. Here is a link to the state stuff. https://www.tn.gov/content/dam/tn/agriculture/documents/agadvancement/AgFarFMRules.pdf

This is what I got. I didn't expect them to work really but they seem to be fine. As long as I can keep the cat from sleeping on them.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/322792982054?ViewItem=&item=322792982054

Thanks for the guide. According to that I don't need anything special to sell fresh fruit or veggies at a farmers market so I may be able to check out the one here locally. I live in Cookeville.

I wish we had linked up earlier. I could have sent you a box of garlic bulbils for the cost of shipping, I have ton in my closet as well as a box of corms. You won't get a garlic bulb you can eat for a couple years starting with the bulbils. Both will grow into a single bulb the first year like an onion, then the next year they will split into the cloves so it is a multi-year crop.

The first year you can harvest the bulbils again for replanting if you are wanting to expand. I like how maintenance free they are, but harvest is quite a bit of work.

I am looking for an adult (or almost adult) pullet, either RIR or barred rock as a companion for my chicken who thinks she's a puppy. I work full time and feel bad leaving her alone in the daytime. Have a fenced in coop but she free ranges during the day. Plenty of trees and cover bushes for protection in a fenced in yard. She is totally tame, and prefers the company of my grandchildren. In Nashville area but willing to go in any direction.

Thanks for the guide. According to that I don't need anything special to sell fresh fruit or veggies at a farmers market so I may be able to check out the one here locally. I live in Cookeville.

I wish we had linked up earlier. I could have sent you a box of garlic bulbils for the cost of shipping, I have ton in my closet as well as a box of corms. You won't get a garlic bulb you can eat for a couple years starting with the bulbils. Both will grow into a single bulb the first year like an onion, then the next year they will split into the cloves so it is a multi-year crop.

The first year you can harvest the bulbils again for replanting if you are wanting to expand. I like how maintenance free they are, but harvest is quite a bit of work.

I did realize that but that garlic is expensive to get the heads so I took the cheap route! The ones I got from the store I will be able to harvest this year so that is fine. I would be happy to trade hatching eggs if you want! Would love some different types of garlic.

That guide was helpful for me too. Each farmers market has their own rules. Some want to inspect to make sure you are growing what you are selling.

I am looking for an adult (or almost adult) pullet, either RIR or barred rock as a companion for my chicken who thinks she's a puppy. I work full time and feel bad leaving her alone in the daytime. Have a fenced in coop but she free ranges during the day. Plenty of trees and cover bushes for protection in a fenced in yard. She is totally tame, and prefers the company of my grandchildren. In Nashville area but willing to go in any direction.

I have LOTS of pullets that are just starting to lay. I don't have RIR or BR I do have Partridge Rocks and several Leghorn colors. Message me if you want more info. I am just in North Nashville.

Back
Top Bottom