The Middle Tennessee Thread

Ladies, your eggs go to lockdown tonight
fl.gif
Will have chicks for each of you this weekend!

I was just thinking how much I miss this place (haven't been able to get on here lately) so I looked over the last few days........
barnie.gif
imagine getting hit with all those cute/cuddlie pics all at once! Warning, Will Robinson, Warning!

Think I'm ok now. But all those babies!!! Ohhhhhhhhh

Have been going crazy trying to get the garden finished, planted, trellised, etc. Not enough time, not enough back. Dug another 50 garlic this morning, total 100 so far. Later, after my back straightens out I'll clean and hang these on the back screen porch. Only got another 40 to go I think. Taught a bunch of newbies a class on Gardening From the Ground UP on Sun ~ they made me feel so good. Course it's easy to fool people when folks don't know anything.

Tomorrow I'm getting a Red Star chicken from City Girl! Yeah! Now my little flock will be complete (did you all hear me? No funny chicken math for me, ok?). It finally occurred to me that my girls must be in pretty good health. They're still doing some squirty poops but everything else is just great. Except for an occasional soft shell egg. It's so hard being a new chicken momma, making mountains outta molehills.
hu.gif

Okay, had my sit=down for the morning. Time to get back to work! What a blessed morning, after 10 and still not too hot!

Hey Citygirl! Did you ever have a chance to clean out your PM box? lol....I'm still interested in those silkies when you get time

HBuehler might be able to get your little trio...I would have to pick up on sunday though.... Going to pick my son up from camp and its the only time I ever get out that way....

Does anyone in the area have a few purebred eggs I can buy to put under a broody? I'm looking for any of the following - turken, araucana (rumpless), polish (not black or gold laced), silkie (splash, partridge, etc) or showgirl - I'm in the Murfreesboro / Smyrna area.

Brown Chicka Sun is fine if you would like them.They are nice birdies just one of those things where the bantam Cochin's are the mini love here and I only have so much space...and now with the bunnies....
NellaBean-I will keep my eyes open for you.
Raven-just give me a yell when they want to come home..your so close I can scoot out that way about any time. That sucks about being allergic to the bunnies..my kids have these in my house like a puppy or something.

Back
Top Bottom