The Middle Tennessee Thread

Hi everyone,
I've been lurking here in chattanooga, since I don't have any chicken's yet(waiting for coop building to start). I wanted to let matlock know I'm saying prayers today for his wife. My mom had that surgery and she did very well.
cool.png

Matlock, I too, am praying for your wife (and you and the kiddo's who must eat your cooking for awhile! lol!). Wondering how she is feeling today! Blessings, to you all!

And welcome to AmenFarm!
welcome-byc.gif

Great peoples here! I remember the months leading up to getting my first girls........whoa! Have fun!

Course, it'll get really good once they touch down at your place. Have that camera ready!

Thanks to you all for the warm wishes for my wife. She is doing good, recovering over there in her lazy boy as we speak. Thank the LORD, they were able to get it out laporascopicly. They had us prepared for the traditional method due to it being so full of stones.
Now that I've got her on the mend, I guess it's on to autocad to start laying out some new growout pens and some tractors to keep my purebreeds in. They'll soon be a laying!
lol.png

welcome-byc.gif
to Countrypunk92! You're so gonna like it here! Have you gots chicken type people yet? I'm up to 8, mostly mixed up (mutts) breeds.

Anyone interested in a pair of Silkied Seramas?
92323_june_flowers_005.jpg

92323_june_flowers_007.jpg

They are grown,the hen is laying. They are from a great show flock. For sale but would really like to trade for muscovy hens.Located in Portland,Tn

Last edited:
I don't post often but I was so excited I had to let everyone know. I finally won an auction for eggs from M@M@. I am so excited I about had heart failure. I have bid on so many of her auctions. Dance around with me ya'll
wee.gif
I

Now for some specific questions.

Matlock- do you have ground nesting type birds? I think cochins do that and I know you got eggs from luckypickens. Are you designing a coop that is meant for ground birds? Would you be willing to share your plan thoughts? I keep coming up with things but then I am not a "builder" and it never turns out quite the way I had imagined it.

Glad to hear the First Lady had no problems and is already home.

Anne- we get the path results Thursday so pray things aren't as bleak as they told us it could be. If so then life should sort of straighten out here and we can plan to meet up. If not, I may have to rethink how many breeds I have and possibly not get them.

Holly- I am not NPIP but do have a blue mottled bantam cochin chick that was an oops in a box of eggs. Bought OEGBs and when they hatched, I had one with fuzzy legs....something wrong with this picture. You should have seen my face as I mentally raced thru the breed standard in my head and couldn't match up fuzzy legs with OEGB. No, my brain usually works better but OEGBs are something new for us. Would you be willing to take him/her in?

Tisha- haven't heard from you and am hoping the surgical procedure went well. You didn't elaborate on BYC ... but hoping you are doing well.

To everyone else....good morning

Wow what a morning it has been...started a wee bit too early for my liking..around 3 with round 1 so there I was out in the rain and things blowing around my head while I shut the windows on the chick house...about a half hour later back out opening the back windows while round 2 hit just as I was walking in the door. House just shook again
roll.png
my pool is flooding.How does that song go..."oh what a beautiful morning" something like that

Emmalyn congratulations on the auction win
wee.gif
nothing like being able to get your hands on some eggs or chicks you really want. Yes,I will take in your blue bundle
big_smile.png
I bet that did surprise you..hmm what is that chick!! Now if I had an OEGB chick in a bunch I would have no idea at all what that chick was

Back
Top Bottom