The Middle Tennessee Thread

Quote:
Not sure I'll be going either.
big_smile.png
We've invited a bunch of friends over for lunch after church on Sunday. So I need to stay home to cook and clean.

Will there be baby chicks for sale there? After only getting 8 chicks from this last hatch, I want a few more to add to the group.

Quote:
Not sure I'll be going either.
big_smile.png
We've invited a bunch of friends over for lunch after church on Sunday. So I need to stay home to cook and clean.

Will there be baby chicks for sale there? After only getting 8 chicks from this last hatch, I want a few more to add to the group.

I am sure there will be. People will be selling in the parking lot and the show I am sure. 8 that is all??????

With the weather moving in tomorrow and Sunday are my best bet to finish these pens before I have to go pick up 20+ birds. We got tons ready today so tomorrow we could really get this nearly finished and final touches next week. I don't need that roo yet so I could wait and should, with all the problems with feather picking I just don't have a pen
he.gif
Don't know what I am going to do with all these roos. I thought a bachelor pen would work but I am doubting it now. Maybe I will keep my non breeders in the bachelor pen and my breeders in smaller pens to keep them safe to grow. That way if they kill each other, my good birds are protected. That anti pick stuff has not stopped them yet
lau.gif
they do wipe their mouths all over the place when they get a taste but still pick. Seems to just be the EE doing it now.

Hello all! It's been a while since I've been on..... you guys have been BUSY!!!
smile.png

The girls are all doing well although they sure have cut back on the egg-laying.

I have an "other" poultry question for you... does anyone here have ducks? Hubby wants to add ducks in the next year or so and we were looking for a breed of ducks that 1) doesn't fly away and will stay close to home 2) pretty docile 3) gets along well with others. Was looking at the Ancona. Any experience??

Good luck at the show today!!

We are back
ya.gif
The chicken show was small-we didn't go but didn't see much really being sold.We didn't even hear roosters crowing very much and we were just down the hallway.
Ethan came home with 2 big wins.Megan got 2 2nd place wins with her baby only placing below little brother
barnie.gif
Now,off to beddie bye for some well needed sleep

Quote:
Sounds like I didn't miss much then. But we got tons done on the pens, should be locked up tomorrow!
woot.gif
Then I just have to move everyone
he.gif

I didn't go to the chicken show either. However, I sold six of my roosters through CL. I was really happy with that - although I hated to see them go - they were so gorgeous. It was surprisingly easy to catch them.

I heard my 16-week old araucana crow for the first time this morning. It hate to insult his manhood, but it sounded really cute! Not a full out crow - but pretty good for the first one.

Sad news - this afternoon when I checked on my chicks that hatched earlier this week, one of the gray/yellow araucanas was off by itself and couldn't stand. I kept him warm and hand-fed him some water and yogurt. But he died later anyway. I have no idea what happened. He seemed fine this morning. So my bad hatch got worse - just 7 chicks out of it.

The weather's supposed to turn wet and colder by Monday - so enjoy the rest of this beautiful weekend.

Quote:
How did you do that? I could not get rid of my Marans even at $5 and everyone else wanting $25-35 for theirs, but I don't think they sold theirs either.

Quote:
I sold them for $5 each to a kid who is going to breed them - he has a bunch of rabbits, too. His grandfather drove him to pick them up.

Back
Top Bottom