The Middle Tennessee Thread

Sorry about your dog...been there and it's so rough.No other dog can ever take that spot but hopefully one day a new dog can find his own spot in your family..until then get a bunny
big_smile.png

Yes,they litter train very fast and chew like rabbits.As far as cage time...they will do fine if they stay in a cage-very boring life I don't recommend though.Always leave them out in the house with responsible supervision since they are like a small kid when left alone...or a puppy.
I find the very best breed for kids is the Holland Lop they are like an interactive stuffed animal..very mellow but still playful.There will always be those that disagree but here goes my opinion on the more popular pet breeds
Lionhead-pick by the rabbit only.They are often cross bred if you buy a baby look at the parents to get an idea of the size they will mature..they are supposed to be a small rabbit but there are lots of full size lionheads in middle TN or buy one from a breeder/show home.
Mini Rex-Love them have a rabbit house full of them but they come real sweet and real not sweet no way of telling until you meet one..and if you buy a kit meet the parents and that is still a poor indicator.For instance I have one that is so sweet any kid can love on her all day but her full sister is owned by someone I know and she's the worst rabbit in the rabbit house to live with.We sold lots of nice type one's because of attitude.
Netherland Dwarf-cute as a button but a lot like small dogs..easily startled and quick to defend,,,but when your 2 pounds and something big is coming after you it's only natural...so they do make great pets but better with older kids Same for the Dwarf Hotot

Now if you want a baby Holland Lop we have 3 that look like this..not all identical but close that will be ready next week and 2 baby lionheads that will make nice kids rabbits

Country-here is the solid torte buck we talked about...He's in better condition now than when I took this.He was caged with other bucks and they wondered why these Does acted so bad...not a doe in there

Aw, Hes a cute lil bugger!
So are those babies. the lop is so cuuute. I had a buck given to me that I rehomed this morning. he was so cool.

Did you happen to see the pics of the mini dottes? whatcha think?

my first turkey hatched Friday, but both feet didn't start off right. One was folded like a taco and was was curled in a c shape. I held it while the first lady put some band aid boots on it and today it's walking great, even running some. I hate that it's a loner though. anybody else have turks?

Last edited:
my first turkey hatched Friday, but both feet didn't start off right. One was folded like a taco and was was curled in a c shape. I held it while the first lady put some band aid boots on it and today it's walking great, even running some. I hate that it's a loner though. anybody else have turks?

Good job!... I had one with crooked toes and I used a pipe cleaner shoe and vet wrap. I think it straightened out... sold him so not sure. What are the colored balls for?

they are beads indeed... all I had around the house. The colors make them peck and hopefully they come up with a mouthful of water or food. They worked great in this case.

Thanks for all the bunny info!! They sure are cute!!!

In reading bait about them online, I've read that they aren't for people who travel as they don't take well to new environments? (kenneling or staying at friends house). We do like to take little 4-5 day trips as often as possible. Maybe a bunny isn't a good choice?

Now, we aren't ready yet regardless, just trying to learn about them as a possible future pet. I don't want to get another pet right away and teach the kids that they are replaceable.

Back
Top Bottom