The Millennials Thread (Gen Z is welcome too)

Wait so at 4-H do you sell rabbits there?
Yes.

In 4H you can join clubs, for all different things like sewing, gardening, raising cattle, chickens, rabbits, etc. You learn from other people in the class and the teacher. At the end of the year you can sell your product and win prizes at a fair.

If you were to breed rabbit for 4H you would get supplies, build or but all the cages and hutches, learn how to breed and sell them. And either show or butcher them.

I couldn't butcher them, they're too cute. And I don't want to breed. I would rather support rescues and give unwanted rabbits a home.

Yes.

In 4H you can join clubs, for all different things like sewing, gardening, raising cattle, chickens, rabbits, etc. You learn from other people in the class and the teacher. At the end of the year you can sell your product and win prizes at a fair.

If you were to breed rabbit for 4H you would get supplies, build or but all the cages and hutches, learn how to breed and sell them. And either show or butcher them.

I couldn't butcher them, they're too cute. And I don't want to breed. I would rather support rescues and give unwanted rabbits a home.

Me too

mine will all be rescues.

I just don't think I would do show rabbits if it's a lot of work. Like if I got to pay to do it probably not
That all depends on what you enter. And entry fees depend on what sort of show.
What is it like to do 4-H?
4-H can be fun. There's way more to do than just show animals. We had a small county so animals allowed to be shown were limited to broiler chickens, meat rabbits, breeder rabbits, pigs, goats, sheep, and beef steers. But like the 4-H show in san Antonio was huuuuuuuuge. They had multiple barns and there were quail, turkeys, emus, geese, real chickens, broilers, breeding and meet classes for rabbits, sheep, goats, and pigs. There were horses, steers, heifers, dairy and cow/calf pairs being shown too. Plus there are things like Wildlife Conservation, Consumer Decision Making, Food Shows, etc where animals aren't necessary to compete. It was a lot of fun. I think the bigger groups have more opportunities to do things though.
they show pigs
Nope. lol The pigs were in the pavillion next to the rabbits and it was sooooo annoying hearing them squealing all day.
Might do it I don't know really depends
You should look into it. Usually your County Extension Agent can give you details on the chapter.

Back
Top Bottom