The Moonshiner and friend's stories, legends and tall tales.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics

The Moonshiner

Fixin' to get in trouble, you comin'? 🛸 🏴‍☠️
Premium Feather Member
7 Years
Nov 17, 2016
Missouri
After a story came out in another thread it was suggested a new story thread should be created. Well since I was asked "pretty please" how can I say no?

We'll see if this thread goes anywhere but if it is to survive I'm going to need your help.
We're all friends here so don't be shy and share a story.

Below is my story....

Ok since were being serious here.

Sullivan was a black silkie that we adopted when he was first hatched. We raised heritage breeds so poor sully never quite fit in and had a tough chickhood.
When sully became a young cockerel is when his problems started. Like most chickens it started harmless enough and we didn't catch on for a while. Sully was hitting his teen years and was allowed to free range as long as he came back to the coop at dark. He ended up meeting a couple tree hugging type flowery hens. He started spending more time on the other side of the tracks with his new pullet friends and seemed to be happier then ever. Of course we had no idea his happiness was from eating all the specialbrownies, cookies, gummies and anything else these new age hippy pullets could stuff in.
Well I guess those girls matured a little faster then sully and being a lot of leghorn blood in them they were soon pretty loose with their egg laying. Seemed they wanted to lay everyday and wasn't particular who with. Soon they were bouncing from nest box to nest box and laying for anyone.
They truly broke sullys heart and he slipped into depression. As we tried to encourage him that life would get better and there were plenty of other pullets in the coop yard.
Slowly sully started to get back out and about but that's when things started esculating. He start hanging with the goth crowd. You know the Ayam Cemani and Svart Hona. Always black from head to toe and depressed acting all the time.
Sully fit right in. Little black nail polish and letting his poof hang in his eyes and he was a natural.
Well sully started enjoying other things. This crowd would try anything and steal them from anywhere. Soon there was no corrid or wazine one to be found on the farm.. Sully ran with that flock for awhile but still found that he didn't quite fit in. They always looked at sully as a wanna be he was not a true rare breed as the others and in their eyes no where near as valueable as them. They did a lot of petty crimes and soon sully ended up taking the fall for some vandalism and had his first trip to the broiler pen.
After release he came back to the farm and decided to get his life together.
To be continued........

Well we were glad to have him back. Back home with down home birds. Just some good ol boys never meanin no harm.
Things went well for a while and sully had a few friends and stayed out of trouble. That's until trouble found a home in the Midwest.
Soon sully and his cockerel flock were hitting the foil pretty hard. Sully changed over night it seemed. First the crazy thoughts and paranoia set in. Sully would do the weirdest things. Like running around the yard screaming the sky is falling the sky is falling. Covering the coop windows with aluminium foil.
Then the stealing. Leg bands started going missing then it was all the copper wire from the farm. Ever half my still disappeared they started scrapping metal that they just happened to "find" all over the place for money. Sully even started running with some show girls from down town. Show girls love to go fast and sully was always going the fastest.
Well strike two for sully. The red rangers caught up to him and his buddies running a chicken tractor chop shop.
Sully return to jail. After a hard year he was released but he was different now. He refused to return to the farm and move to the city in search of trouble.
City life was a bit different then sully knew. Of course he was in over his head before he knew. He was running with a tough bunch. The game fowl. The game fowl were often misunderstood by most but all knew not to mess with them. They were always looking for a fight. They didn't even get along with each other most of the time. That was sullys world.
To be continued......

Most people didn't realize our flocks were going through an epidemic just as we were.
Free ranging was free living. You probably thought predators were on the rise in your area but most death and disapperances were chicken on chicken crime over free range areas.
Sully was right in the mix. He had lost a lot of weight back in his bad days and was in pretty bad shape but he had lifted weights in prison and got hard. He was respected and feared on the streets. Extortion, snatch and grab, coop invasion robbery. Anything to stack cash he was tired of just chicken scratch.
He was living on the edge. Even traded in show girls for old wore out "pros" "working girls" you know past their prime production hens. And he didn't care which ones. Production reds, black sex links, whatever when ever. I'm surprised he never caught mereks.
Sully soon was running out of steam. Running from the rangers a again and running out of places to hide.
He came home and we tried to help him get clean. We came to BYC and researched rooster rehab. A lot of conflicting info but we tried to try them all. Hugs and love, restraining him, working him with a stick or rack. Nothing worked he kept falling back to his old ways.
Sully came and went through our lives the next year or so. Then one day he showed up looking good. We hoped he had turned his life around but we were cautious.
He was running with some Columbian patterned birds. He was running back and forth down south a lot and had a lot of money all the time. We knew what he was doing and couldn't support his choices.
To be continued......

Sully left our farm for the last time the next day. I assumed he was headed down to south America with his new found friends and fortune. We have never heard from him again. Rumors have passed through the farm from time to time. Its been said he is down south hooked up with a bearded Ameracauna hen raising a motley crue of EE chicks. Others report seeing him down in Mexico fighting in the rings. Its any ones guess now days maybe he's living up around barred2rock in the Rockies enjoying the good stuff.
One thing for sure. He is missed. I wish I would of gotten to him back when he first started hitting the hooka and chasing pullet tail. Maybe I could of made life easier for him.
Learn from my mistake.
Do not let your chickens make bad choices....

No I'm no writer for sure.
I just wanted to tell sullys story so maybe it could save other young cockerels making bad choices in life.

I did want to clear one thing up. I'm against chickens doing drugs but as for their owners I don't have a problem with them doing whatever they want.
I actually have a guy that works for me that is a stoner and proud of it. I could get rid of anytime because I know he gets high on the job and Missouri isn't a free state.
He is my favorite employee.
When I get a chance I'll tell you about my workplace.
Now that's a whole other story.

To be continued.......

I'll change the names to protect the innocent.

But anyways a while back I took over a very small business. I work with a crew of 4 people including myself and we travel together for work.
I got 2 employees when I took over. The "stoner" which I'll save for last and we'll call the other "brains".
Brains is the brains of the operation. Truly one of the smartest people I've ever met. Shes very average in everything else. Not like the cute girl next door type but the very average girl next door type.
Average height average build, average looks. Brown hair brown eyes. Glasses.
I never hear of any excitement going on in her life unless its some science stuff. That's what she is especially into. Really the only thing outside of work that I know she's interested in. I'm not even sure if she's into guys or maybe girls even.

Then there's "body". I hired body just because we need a 4th and she is easy on the eyes. I mean beautiful. Long hair, great body. Shows a lot of leg. Did I mention she was cute? Of course I try to work closest with her every chance I get. The down side though is she is dumb as a box of hammers. I mean like I'm surprised she can remember to breath dumb. She spends much of her day worrying about her hair and flirting with me. And I have to lead the crew, do my work and hers half the time.
Ok now the stoner. He is like a throw back to the 70s stoner and proud of it. He brings his dog to work and I swear every time I turn my back he is sneaking off somewhere. I don't know if he has smoked himself into a permanent high or if he just smokes like 27 times a day. I swear his big *ss dog gets high too. Every time we pass a McDonalds or burger king he's wanting to stop and eat. He's always starving and apparently so is the dog cause it will start bellowing and howling. Idk if maybe its because when you're around him he even makes you start feeling like your high or what but the damn dog starts sounding like its talking. But anways you have to stop so they'll shut up. So he's eating two or three times a day sneaking off four or five times a day and getting about nothing down. Luckily he usually pulls it together towards the end of the day enough to get the job done.
So that's the crew I work with so now I'll tell you what we do for a living.
We drive around the country in my van and solve mysteries.

I'll change the names to protect the innocent.

But anyways a while back I took over a very small business. I work with a crew of 4 people including myself and we travel together for work.
I got 2 employees when I took over. The "stoner" which I'll save for last and we'll call the other "brains".
Brains is the brains of the operation. Truly one of the smartest people I've ever met. Shes very average in everything else. Not like the cute girl next door type but the very average girl next door type.
Average height average build, average looks. Brown hair brown eyes. Glasses.
I never hear of any excitement going on in her life unless its some science stuff. That's what she is especially into. Really the only thing outside of work that I know she's interested in. I'm not even sure if she's into guys or maybe girls even.

Then there's "body". I hired body just because we need a 4th and she is easy on the eyes. I mean beautiful. Long hair, great body. Shows a lot of leg. Did I mention she was cute? Of course I try to work closest with her every chance I get. The down side though is she is dumb as a box of hammers. I mean like I'm surprised she can remember to breath dumb. She spends much of her day worrying about her hair and flirting with me. And I have to lead the crew, do my work and hers half the time.
Ok now the stoner. He is like a throw back to the 70s stoner and proud of it. He brings his dog to work and I swear every time I turn my back he is sneaking off somewhere. I don't know if he has smoked himself into a permanent high or if he just smokes like 27 times a day. I swear his big *ss dog gets high too. Every time we pass a McDonalds or burger king he's wanting to stop and eat. He's always starving and apparently so is the dog cause it will start bellowing and howling. Idk if maybe its because when you're around him he even makes you start feeling like your high or what but the damn dog starts sounding like its talking. But anways you have to stop so they'll shut up. So he's eating two or three times a day sneaking off four or five times a day and getting about nothing down. Luckily he usually pulls it together towards the end of the day enough to get the job done.
So that's the crew I work with so now I'll tell you what we do for a living.
We drive around the country in my van and solve mysteries.

:lau

Hilarious. Thank you for starting this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom