The Moonshiner's Bootleg Incubator Reviews And Discussions

I'm tempted. That only 16 egg capacity has been holding me off.
Only thing I have against the little ones is I feel I need more eggs per outlet.
I can't at this time have a dozen all plugged in in my room at once.

The one I bought (arrives tomorrow) is the Amazon special Maticoopx 30 egg job, with water bottle: $119. Can't argue price.

Set 30 eggs in the MeeF. 22 went into lockdown.
6 were clears. 2 died along the way.
19 hatched so 19 out of 24. 79%

I like the capacity and it seems to hold a steady temp.
Hate the turner cut outs. It's not ideal but I didn't straighten eggs as it went so it was successful.
The height is too short. Again it worked but the chicks didn't seem to be able to stand all the way up unless they were closer to the edge because of that plate. One actually got its head stuck between the plate and top. Luckily I saw it stuck like that.
Someone mentioned putting a liner under the turner tray. I did not and wasn't to concerned until lockdown. That floor is a smooth slick surface. Didn't like that at all.
Good price and you can definitely get a decent hatch with it but it's more mid range for me as far as how I liked it.

Set 30 eggs in the MeeF. 22 went into lockdown.
6 were clears. 2 died along the way.
19 hatched so 19 out of 24. 79%

I like the capacity and it seems to hold a steady temp.
Hate the turner cut outs. It's not ideal but I didn't straighten eggs as it went so it was successful.
The height is too short. Again it worked but the chicks didn't seem to be able to stand all the way up unless they were closer to the edge because of that plate. One actually got its head stuck between the plate and top. Luckily I saw it stuck like that.
Someone mentioned putting a liner under the turner tray. I did not and wasn't to concerned until lockdown. That floor is a smooth slick surface. Didn't like that at all.
Good price and you can definitely get a decent hatch with it but it's more mid range for me as far as how I liked it.
I definitely don't like how short it is. But, it keeps temp really well. I tend to overstuff my incubators, so for me the turner wasn't an issue as I just did it myself. I do put something over the bottom to help with how slick it is.

I tend to just transfer eggs or newly hatched babies to the Maticoopx due to how much taller it is. In fact, did that today with the five ducklings that hatched out (fully incubated in the MeeF).

With their powers combined, I find it a good set up. Now I just need more! :lau

Next year will be the real start to my little operation, now that I have some foundation stock (picked up some OEGB, Chantecler, and Dark Brahma last week.)

I'll need to build an addition to the trailer to house the incubators. ;)

I definitely don't like how short it is. But, it keeps temp really well. I tend to overstuff my incubators, so for me the turner wasn't an issue as I just did it myself. I do put something over the bottom to help with how slick it is.

I tend to just transfer eggs or newly hatched babies to the Maticoopx due to how much taller it is. In fact, did that today with the five ducklings that hatched out (fully incubated in the MeeF).

With their powers combined, I find it a good set up. Now I just need more! :lau

Next year will be the real start to my little operation, now that I have some foundation stock (picked up some OEGB, Chantecler, and Dark Brahma last week.)

I'll need to build an addition to the trailer to house the incubators. ;)
Why not an addiction that is an incubator?
An old walk in freezer would be a good place to start.

That's why I like the auctions. People can be crazy! I sold a basic Call Duck drake for $85 on the weekend! A few weeks before, a pair of Standard Cochin sold for around $125. I'm getting in some Dark Brahma chicks in a couple of weeks, as well as Buff Chantecler and a couple of varieties of OEGB. The Chantecler are going to be the basis of my egg and meat collection, the Brahma and OEGB are my money makers. I also got a dozen White Chantecler eggs at the auction and they are in the incubator right now.

I agree with people-ing. I would rather stay out here with my critters. But, I need to make a bit of money to add to my meagre Disability benefit. I hate dealing with putting online ads up.
*screams in socially awkward businesswoman kid*

Does anyone know if the Matticoopx has quail rails available?
I have not seen or heard of any.
I'd bet there would be a way to make their trays work though.
Maybe find something that would hold the eggs that can be set down in their trays. :confused:

Back
Top Bottom