The Moonshiner's farewell to Leghorns

What should Moony do?

• Quit this nonsense thinking and stick with the Leghorn breeding.

Votes: 25 54.3%
  • Forget the Leghorns and stick with this new awesome project breed

Votes: 21 45.7%

• Total voters

Jennc-123

Songster
Jun 18, 2020
I really think with your experience you don't need to focus on just one project at a time. Focusing on one breed is for the inexperienced chicken breeder. I also think you could realistically move your timeline for the Jaded Amethyst Devil pot scrubber soup legs up to 3 years to completion.
Also, since you're planning on a rainbow of eggs I think you should incorporate that into the leghorns as well. What do you think you'll sell eggs for? $500 a dozen is fair I think. A proven broody, chess playing rooster I think you could easily ask $2000, maybe $3000.
But definitely don't just focus on one breed, definitely not time consuming enough.

ColtHandorf

🙄🤚 Sass Master
Premium Feather Member
Feb 19, 2019
Klondike, Texas
I really think with your experience you don't need to focus on just one project at a time. Focusing on one breed is for the inexperienced chicken breeder. I also think you could realistically move your timeline for the Jaded Amethyst Devil pot scrubber soup legs up to 3 years to completion.
Also, since you're planning on a rainbow of eggs I think you should incorporate that into the leghorns as well. What do you think you'll sell eggs for? $500 a dozen is fair I think. A proven broody, chess playing rooster I think you could easily ask $2000, maybe $3000.
But definitely don't just focus on one breed, definitely not time consuming enough.
dead snow white GIF

The Moonshiner

Legendary Leghorns
Premium Feather Member
5 Years
Nov 17, 2016
Missouri

Top Bottom