The Moonshiner's farewell to Leghorns

What should Moony do?

• Quit this nonsense thinking and stick with the Leghorn breeding.

Votes: 48 60.0%
  • Forget the Leghorns and stick with this new awesome project breed

Votes: 32 40.0%

• Total voters
Pics
Here's the deal.
I want to focus on something a little more challenging and with an end result that would be more popular.
Too many Leghorn haters and white egg haters out there.
I'm gonna focus on making a new breed and eventually getting it accepted by the APA.
I see a lot of threads about members wanting to make new breeds so why not show them how its done?
I'll follow their lead and make the first priority giving my new breed a cool name.
I may need some help with this because it needs to be perfect. I'll list some info about what features my new breed will have and just more info in general.
Put your thinking caps on because I'm serious. This name is of utmost importance.
I want it to be so awesome that when people hear it they are overcome by the need to have some so much so that they'll steal money from their mother's purse to purchase eggs from me.
You can't be serious right? Those peeps are nuts!
Oh. I get it. How about ✨Purple Dragon✨
:00000 stealing the chick of mystery's idea now, aren't you?
Ok here's what I'm thinking.
I would assume this to be a 10 year project so it should be safe to say I can get it done in 5.
If anyone has any other ideas they're welcome to throw them out there though I'm sure I won't listen to them.

Crested. Preferably mullet shaped
V comb. Devil horn like
Tuffs, muffs and beard. Turkey like beard would be awesome too
Naked neck
Long tail
Extra long legs but also super thick like those elephantiasis looking birds
Multi spur. 3 spurs on right leg, 1 on the left
Clean legs. Don't want anyone thinking they have Cochin blood.
Black skin
MF and blue MF pattern
Frizzled and non frizzled
Neon blue lobes
Laughing, long crow. Hens too although their crow will sound more like a school girl's giggle
Lays pink, purple, blue, green, olive, dark brown and creme eggs. Preferably alternating colors daily.
Prolific layer 300+
Roosters go broody several times a year but are not feminine.
Roosters need to be savage protectors. Like LIege Fighters I want them to take one lions, tigers and bears.
Light weight and fast
Exceptional runners, flyers and swimmers
Also be cool if they'd dig burrows to
Highly intelligent. I miss playing tic tac toe against chickens.

Well that's just off the top of my head so I'm sure some other things may be added.
ok if I didn't think you were serious before I know you aren't know
You know, I was thinking about making a "new breed" thread, just to educate peeps on what that even means
anyways https://www.facebook.com/Bullsheiser-Farms-103607234369853

That's a lot of thinking.
Well that's just off the top of my head so I'm sure some other things may be added.
Pop Tv Comedy GIF by Schitt's Creek

@EmmaRainboe, draw up an idea sketch of a pair of these please.
David Rose GIF by Schitt's Creek

mhmm GIF

:00000 stealing the chick of mystery's idea now, aren't you?
Look At You Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

😂 The breed description sealed the deal.

I would assume this to be a 10 year project so it should be safe to say I can get it done in 5.
If anyone has any other ideas they're welcome to throw them out there though I'm sure I won't listen to them.

V comb. Devil horn like
Naked neck
Long tail
Black skin
MF and blue MF pattern
Neon blue lobes
Laughing, long crow. Hens too although their crow will sound more like a school girl's giggle
Lays pink, purple, blue, green, olive, dark brown and creme eggs. Preferably alternating colors daily.
Prolific layer 300+
Roosters need to be savage protectors. Like LIege Fighters I want them to take one lions, tigers and bears.
Light weight and fast

Really? You'd want to ruin them by giving them a naked neck? :sick

Here's the deal.
I want to focus on something a little more challenging and with an end result that would be more popular.
Too many Leghorn haters and white egg haters out there.
I'm gonna focus on making a new breed and eventually getting it accepted by the APA.
I see a lot of threads about members wanting to make new breeds so why not show them how its done?
I'll follow their lead and make the first priority giving my new breed a cool name.
I may need some help with this because it needs to be perfect. I'll list some info about what features my new breed will have and just more info in general.
Put your thinking caps on because I'm serious. This name is of utmost importance.
I want it to be so awesome that when people hear it they are overcome by the need to have some so much so that they'll steal money from their mother's purse to purchase eggs from me.
Can we start a naming poll?
😩

V comb. Devil horn like
Naked neck
Long tail
Black skin
MF and blue MF pattern
Neon blue lobes
Prolific layer 300+
Light weight and fast

Is this kind of like the Build-A-Bear workshop?

Back
Top Bottom