The Moonshiner's farewell to Leghorns

What should Moony do?

• Quit this nonsense thinking and stick with the Leghorn breeding.

Votes: 48 60.0%
  • Forget the Leghorns and stick with this new awesome project breed

Votes: 32 40.0%

• Total voters
I love them but I'm just not a fan of white.

Seriously though. Look at those faces. 😍
I also don't usually like White, bar my White Orpingtons, but I just want to play with their dewlaps. They look soooo cute!
Been there done that.
I was fond of the Chinese.
Selina Meyer Babies GIF by Veep HBO

So loud! For years after I had Chinese I would hear them randomly. Like your phone phantom vibration phenomenon, but instead phantom goose screams.
top model no GIF by America's Next Top Model

Or does it?
But hey, in the mean time here's some Moony random knowledge for you to remember.
"He who laughs last, thinks the slowest"
Well now I want to laugh react that, but don't want to actually click the react...
Emotion Reaction GIF

I also don't usually like White, bar my White Orpingtons, but I just want to play with their dewlaps. They look soooo cute!

Selina Meyer Babies GIF by Veep HBO

So loud! For years after I had Chinese I would hear them randomly. Like your phone phantom vibration phenomenon, but instead phantom goose screams.
top model no GIF by America's Next Top Model's Next Top Model

Well now I want to laugh react that, but don't want to actually click the react...
Emotion Reaction GIF
Their dewlaps are glorious.

Ooooh I vote for African geese!
oh boi not swan geese those are noisy
Look at those precious babies! I love Buffs.

Boo! I vote Kholmogory!
View attachment 2827656
http://www.zooenc.eu/en/kholmogory-goose/

I've figured it out. He wants to do free-range rabbits again.
wow fatty African geese
Been there done that.
I was fond of the Chinese.
View attachment 2827680
ack they're pretty but so loud!

Get Canadas!

oh boi not swan geese those are noisy
Agreed! So chatty. Granted my Pomeranians are also very annoying. They sound off all the time for no reason. The Americans are much quieter.
wow fatty African geese
I love them. lol I forget where these guys are from, Russia-ish, maybe?
ack they're pretty but so loud!

Get Canadas!
Hah! What is he going to do with a cobra chicken? They are so hateful when they are breeding. lol

Agreed! So chatty. Granted my Pomeranians are also very annoying. They sound off all the time for no reason. The Americans are much quieter.

I love them. lol I forget where these guys are from, Russia-ish, maybe?

Hah! What is he going to do with a cobra chicken? They are so hateful when they are breeding. lol
Americans are noisy when it counts though. I spent 90 for the young trio (quite cheap), it was a worthy investment. They were making weird squeaks so I went outside and saw my Lulu and a fox, one was chasing the other, I don’t know who. Clearly Lulu was at least trying to ward it off because she was biting at it. Very brave, even geese can get snatched by a fox. I chased him off.

Here's the deal.
I want to focus on something a little more challenging and with an end result that would be more popular.
Too many Leghorn haters and white egg haters out there.
I'm gonna focus on making a new breed and eventually getting it accepted by the APA.
I see a lot of threads about members wanting to make new breeds so why not show them how its done?
I'll follow their lead and make the first priority giving my new breed a cool name.
I may need some help with this because it needs to be perfect. I'll list some info about what features my new breed will have and just more info in general.
Put your thinking caps on because I'm serious. This name is of utmost importance.
I want it to be so awesome that when people hear it they are overcome by the need to have some so much so that they'll steal money from their mother's purse to purchase eggs from me.

I want to focus on something a little more challenging and with an end result that would be more popular.
Surprised Jersey Shore GIF by Jersey Shore Family Vacation

You don't mind us ribbing you about the Leghorns do you? They are actually really popular. If they weren't, hatcheries wouldn't carry them. They are a staple. The fancy colors aren't as popular obviously, but even I have admitted you have some fantastic looking birds. I just hate to see you throw all that hard work away because you think people won't be interested in them.

Surprised Jersey Shore GIF by Jersey Shore Family Vacation

You don't mind us ribbing you about the Leghorns do you? They are actually really popular. If they weren't, hatcheries wouldn't carry them. They are a staple. The fancy colors aren't as popular obviously, but even I have admitted you have some fantastic looking birds. I just hate to see you throw all that hard work away because you think people won't be interested in them.
You really think he's going to throw away 1,000+ birds? Pffff

Back
Top Bottom