The Moonshiner's Leghorn Thread Peanut Gallery

What was it?
Stick to the plan, plan the stick?
No that was from my gymnastics days. I can't remember.
Brother,
my original plan has expanded 10 fold.
I've got to build more breeding pens.
Trust the plan.
Trust the plan can change.
When I see that it reaches critical mass I will reach out to pick your brain some.

It's gonna be a real gamble at that point. How old will they be when you're moving some out?
Honestly unless someone has a serious fault or looks too heavy or scrawny compared to others I don't even try to pick until they're 5 or 6 months old.
Even then it's early. I have some I wasn't impressed with turn out really nice by a year old.
They'll be about 2 months. I have one that's comb is already creased and going sidewise. Ones a larger bird with darker feathers too

Can't load the video from last season,but these babies were ready for the pet shop.
I just saw these now...
So derp! Very cute!
View attachment 2618264
This is from last season. Mommy is inside with babies. Daddy loads up his crop and goes inside to either feed the babies or feeds momma and she serves the babies herself. It's a beautiful thing.
It is beautiful! TYSM!
How much do you sell the parrots for to the pet store?

View attachment 2618386
Hang on..! I want to see the unedited version.
Also, I think "King" is spelled with a capital 'K', at least if you see yourself as one..
He’s King A you’re King B
Even Calico ones even though they aren’t accepted? :fl
I mean, I’m sure he’s got some given calicos are just leaky black mottleds, but why would you want that?
Lol. You all capitalize the K even when it isn't in front of a name?
You all take it serious over there huh?
Bossy Britz

I mean, I’m sure he’s got some given calicos are just leaky black mottleds, but why would you want that?

For Real Wow GIF by DeStorm

Because they’re stunning!

I just saw these now...
So derp! Very cute!

It is beautiful! TYSM!
How much do you sell the parrots for to the pet store?
The Avian pet shop that I sell babies to, pays $700.00 each. That's still baby, 40% feathered and multiple feedings a day..
If I sell them privately after fully feathered and imprinted,taking one or two feedings a day,learning to perch on your hand,and can start to have parrot feed,veggies and fruit introduced,they can go for up to $1,200.00.

Factoring in time, feed and labor,it's not a lucrative endeavor. Figure also that trips to the vet destroy any chance of profits should you need a consultation or medication. There are not many vets that specialize in Parrots around here and they are brutal on their prices they do this because they know they can. One way to combat illness and poor health in Parrots is rotating their feed from seed to fruit and vegetables; constant clean water and clean housing is a must.
So...we do this because we love it.
I would love to be part of a conservation program we will see what the future holds.

Back
Top Bottom