The Moonshiner's Leghorn Thread Peanut Gallery

Pics
@Overo Mare Danno is making it VERY hard to spare him! His girls too! One of them kicked me for trying to protect my old girl! :eek: 😤 granted, I had pushed them away a bunch but still, not hard or anything. They wouldn’t leave her alone! Him and two of them! They kept coming back! :th he is teaching them to be mean AF! They all gang up on my old girls now! I wish there was a way I could just rehome them all as a group and let them live out their lives and bother someone else’s flock but of course with the Mareks I can’t 😭😭😭 but I am really starting to hate them all :oops: well, two of Brabanters and Danno. The other birds are fine even the other Brabanters. I do. Maybe once I integrate them they’ll all get along better cause right now they’re living as two totally separate flocks and I also don’t really spend any time with them compared to the other birds :oops:

@Overo Mare Danno is making it VERY hard to spare him! His girls too! One of them kicked me for trying to protect my old girl! :eek: 😤 granted, I had pushed them away a bunch but still, not hard or anything. They wouldn’t leave her alone! Him and two of them! They kept coming back! :th he is teaching them to be mean AF! They all gang up on my old girls now! I wish there was a way I could just rehome them all as a group and let them live out their lives and bother someone else’s flock but of course with the Mareks I can’t 😭😭😭 but I am really starting to hate them all :oops: well, two of Brabanters and Danno. The other birds are fine even the other Brabanters. I do. Maybe once I integrate them they’ll all get along better cause right now they’re living as two totally separate flocks and I also don’t really spend any time with them compared to the other birds :oops:
How old is he?

How old is he?
I just got him this past April. So 9 months I guess ?? But the weird thing is he’s great to “his” girls, just a total psycho jerk to everyone else! :lau :th but he was the only boy in that group and was raised separately from my other birds so he never had any competition or any check system :oops: so I think that’s his problem? I’ve read birds that are raised with only birds their own age are often jerks, right? He free ranged some with Jack and the others and got chased a little bit especially away from Jack’s chicks but they didn’t interact a ton and then Jack died before Danno really hit maturity. Jack’s sons are too scared of him to fight back. Plus they’re younger so Danno has seniority.

If he's that bad, off him.
Well I want to but then I look at him and he’s sooo cute! 😭😂 and honestly he usually just chases them till they get the message and leave the area. They usually just go their separate ways and stay in different parts of the yard. But when I first let them out, he beelines towards the boys. But the weird thing is he’s sooo good with “his” girls. He tidbits, dances, protects them. He’s fought off a hawk. He’s SO good otherwise. It’s only with the old girls and the boys he’s a jerk so idk what to do 😭

Well I want to but then I look at him and he’s sooo cute! 😭😂 and honestly he usually just chases them till they get the message and leave the area. They usually just go their separate ways and stay in different parts of the yard. But when I first let them out, he beelines towards the boys. But the weird thing is he’s sooo good with “his” girls. He tidbits, dances, protects them. He’s fought off a hawk. He’s SO good otherwise. It’s only with the old girls and the boys he’s a jerk so idk what to do 😭
Can you keep 2 separate flocks? One with old girls, one with him and younger girls?

Check this out... I've got a Lavender Crele rooster Popeye,fighting through the fence with Shiva a Lavender Crele hen... While Buster ,her rooster, is just happily scratching on the ground.
It's a tag team event either Buster and Popeye will go at it through the fence and then he'll hand it off to Shiva..it's the weirdest thing.
I've gotten Popeye a hen that was given to us,so he seems to be busy now...doesn't bother Shiva or Buster anymore.
These three are siblings.Hatched and raised separately.
Popeye was an assisted hatch, it looked pretty grim at the beginning. I didn't think he would make it but eventually did. We kept him close; we socialize him a lot with the family but in the end I guess when their hormones kick in,sometimes they just go Buckwild.His only handicap so far is a bad eye-hence the name Popeye-but other than that he is 100% rooster.

image.jpg

Check this out... I've got a Lavender Crele rooster Popeye,fighting through the fence with Shiva a Lavender Crele hen... While Buster ,her rooster, is just happily scratching on the ground.
It's a tag team event either Buster and Popeye will go at it through the fence and then he'll hand it off to Shiva..it's the weirdest thing.
I've gotten Popeye a hen that was given to us,so he seems to be busy now...doesn't bother Shiva or Buster anymore.
These three are siblings.Hatched and raised separately.
Popeye was an assisted hatch, it looked pretty grim at the beginning. I didn't think he would make it but eventually did. We kept him close; we socialize him a lot with the family but in the end I guess when their hormones kick in,sometimes they just go Buckwild.His only handicap so far is a bad eye-hence the name Popeye-but other than that he is 100% rooster.

View attachment 2490764
That is weird! Quite funny though.

Back
Top Bottom