The Moonshiner's Leghorn Thread Peanut Gallery

Screenshot_20210415-174153(1).png

That looks more like a silver penciled x black than a birchen. :lol:
Probably just the angle + I Don’t think she was the greatest of quality In terms of coloring, her booty and footsies were amazing though.

She made my boy, and that’s about all I know about her, other than she’s supposedly Birchen.

3E5A8461-2A5B-42EC-80E3-F4E8E313ED49.jpeg

Ring
Ring
"Good morning thank you for calling MooniVerous Maximus Farms. Where our quality is second to none. How may I help you?"
Me -" Yes hello I just placed an order for the Moony Over-O-Miami assortment,I would like to add some more chicks to the order please if that's possible"

"Sure,go on"

"Please add 4 Black Tailed Whites"
Moony

do you have black tailed whites?? if not when will you have them?

Moony

do you have black tailed whites?? if not when will you have them?
No I do not.
I'm slowly working on black tailed buff so I figured at some point I could bring in silver to replace the gold and make them.
I just don't have the incubator capacity (and everything beyond) to hatch nearly everything I'd like.
I need to win the lottery.

No I do not.
I'm slowly working on black tailed buff so I figured at some point I could bring in silver to replace the gold and make them.
I just don't have the incubator capacity (and everything beyond) to hatch nearly everything I'd like.
I need to win the lottery.
So Moony, type wise how do you pick your males? My Minorca are at 5 weeks (I know it's early but I'm moving at least one along on the 2nd) and I want the most leghorn like for my pairing with my red leghorn female next spring

It's gonna be a real gamble at that point. How old will they be when you're moving some out?
Honestly unless someone has a serious fault or looks too heavy or scrawny compared to others I don't even try to pick until they're 5 or 6 months old.
Even then it's early. I have some I wasn't impressed with turn out really nice by a year old.

Back
Top Bottom