The Moonshiner's Leghorns

Pics
Gorgeous! So White Tailed Buffs I assume.
Yes
How'd you get that! That was my original plan when I started breeding leghorns!
Just dominate white on black tailed buff.
Sounds easy enough but it isn't easy and it isn't quick. In reality it is probably the most complicated bird I have.
I only have the one with no plans to make more at this time.

Hey @The Moonshiner , do you recon you could give me some pointers on developing the Blue Partridge variety. I am developing that color in Plymouth Rocks but am not sure whether I should focus more on adding blue to the line or Partridge or should I add another variety to it like Silver Penciled :confused:
Short answer would be if you have both blue and partridge just cross them. Bred anything blue back to partridge. With that start picking any that are blue and chipmunk striped and again breed back to partridge.

@nicalandia
Not a columbian but you'll know how close/far I am from being able to get there.
I agree, you have all you need to create silver Columbian or buff Columbian if you so desire

This is a cross between a Buff Orp rooster and a Silver wildtype based EE hen

iphone-pics-033-jpg.1445767

Using your Silver Duckwing Leghorns and your Buff Leghorns will produce a similar outcome, breeding the F1s back to Silver Duckwing will be the next logical step

Short answer would be if you have both blue and partridge just cross them. Bred anything blue back to partridge. With that start picking any that are blue and chipmunk striped and again breed back to partridge.
That is great to hear! I have access to one of the most advanced Partridge Rock breeders and get a lot of stock from him! I am also flying an extremely well bred Blue Rock rooster from Ontario so this will definitely work out

Google Italiener Columbia, Germany has very beautiful colors too like Columbian and Salmon Leghorns

Youtube video of Silver Columbian Leghorns

Salmon..... :drool
Beautiful birds! I had no idea they came in so many colors.
So... is it Leg-HORNS or Leg-'ERNS??
You can say it either way. Regional dialect. In Wisconsin all I've heard was LegHORNS, but it's a more northerly state.

Any BLUE Leghorns? I'm a huge fan of BLUE birds.

Beautiful birds! I had no idea they came in so many colors.
So... is it Leg-HORNS or Leg-'ERNS??
They do come in more colors then most people know and I'm trying to increase the colors/and patterns by about 10 fold.
You can say it either way. Regional dialect. In Wisconsin all I've heard was LegHORNS, but it's a more northerly state.

Any BLUE Leghorns? I'm a huge fan of BLUE birds.
Missouri is more so a southern state and my area is full of rednecks and hillbillies so Leg'ERNS In my neck of the woods.

I'm working on blues and looking to have a few different patterns in blue.
Blue is the only ones I'm working on currently that were not from Leghorn only stock. I used an Andalusian to bring in the blue gene.
Not excited to have had to do that but I also am a big fan of blue and its what I had to do to get them.

Q
They do come in more colors then most people know and I'm trying to increase the colors/and patterns by about 10 fold.

Missouri is more so a southern state and my area is full of rednecks and hillbillies so Leg'ERNS In my neck of the woods.

I'm working on blues and looking to have a few different patterns in blue.
Blue is the only ones I'm working on currently that were not from Leghorn only stock. I used an Andalusian to bring in the blue gene.
Not excited to have had to do that but I also am a big fan of blue and its what I had to do to get them.
Do you have any golden Leghorns? I have never seen any before.

Back
Top Bottom